Latest music video 'Roll Up'

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

WatchMotion

Re: Latest music video 'Roll Up'

Post by WatchMotion »

The artwork in this is killer, Chucky. I love the subtle motion added to the shots too, I think it's perfect for music. Great work!
chucky

Post by chucky »

Cheers Watchmotion...You are too kind :D
It's great to be assured that this method ' works'. :)
João Miguel Real

Post by João Miguel Real »

Hey Chuck very nice work!

Ever thought on adding a last texture noise layer over everything, with an overlay or multiply? What i Miss is that final over layer that brings everything together and adds soul to the cut out drawings.

Great project!

Best

João
chucky

Post by chucky »

Cheers Joao!
Indeed I have thought of that, and this video does have exactly that.
It is also animated on 4s ( if I remember correctly, to give it just a bit more ' silent film look)
I probably should have been a little more heavy with it, as it's not quite as obvious on YouTube.
Also the film grain has been sucked right out of it too, it looks really compressed even at 1440, so that's disappointing.
Never mind, I'm still happy with it in the context of the budget and requirements.

Thanks for the observation though, it's actually something I debated a lot with myself about how far to go with it. So the vote for more is great. :D
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Nice work! the music reminded me of Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street' didn't sound like the song but it made me think of it. The shadows on the stills and slight animation gave this a really nice look, really enjoyed it! The b&w gave it a slight creepy feel...one might get at a carnival :wink:
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations