search history

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

alanthebox

search history

Post by alanthebox »

really enjoyed my first time using the SYN Switch Icons plug-in. really made things easier/faster!

**contains a bit of adult language**
Hoptoad

Re: search history

Post by Hoptoad »

Funny!

I don't know who Bobby Flay is, but I don't think it mattered, as I still got the jokes.

Ah, I just googled his name. He's a celebrity chef. Ha ha, that makes it even funnier.

The voice acting was excellent, but no credit was given. That was you? And the audio quality was great. Do you mind sharing your microphone type and setup? I've watched professional cartoons with budgets on Youtube that don't sound as good as your DIY project.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

darn! i had considered adding the "celebrity chef" descriptor in there at some point. guess i should have!

and thanks! i've always really enjoyed the audio side of making cartoons. i record the voices with a Rode NT-USB mic (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... phone.html) set up inside a Marantz shield (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ilter.html). i also place a very professional pillow on top of the shield to dampen the sound a bit more. and i use an old Zoom recorder (too old to link to online) to record the sound effects.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Thanks for the information. Money well spent on that microphone, sound-absorbing foam and pillow (ha!), dude. Your audio quality is (hip adjective so hip that I don't know it).

Maybe I'm picky, but mediocre audio instantly ruins my enjoyment of a cartoon. I would rather endure twenty minutes of lackluster animation, bad voice acting, hideous character design and painful color choices than listen to badly-recorded audio for two consecutive seconds.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

@Hoptoad, he has a professional sound in my view. I listen to a lot of YouTube vloggers and I would say there's more to it than just equipment and a good setup. There are a lot of vloggers that I listen to only because of what they say. Listening to them talk into a microphone is like trying to hold my head under water. I have to come up for air.
@Alanthebox, great job.
Cheers, Larry
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

And this is EXACTLY why I'm buying a color laser printer. You can get them pretty cheap, under $300 now. Last time I got that "haunted low ink warning" I spent more than a new ink jet printer...

..OH sorry... went off topic a bit there. The animation was great :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯