Rebelle 4 to Moho 13.5.1 | import PSD error

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bibendumchamalow

Rebelle 4 to Moho 13.5.1 | import PSD error

Post by bibendumchamalow »

Good morning everyone.
I have a problem opening a multilayer psd file exported from Escape Motions "Rebelle 4"
Indeed when I export a psd file from Rebelle 4, Moho displays an import error "invalid photoshop file".
I tried importing this same file into Gimp and it works.
I saved a psd file from Gimp again and this time importing into Moho worked perfectly.
Is there a solution to open a psd file generated by Rebelle 4 directly in Moho? Maybe in a new update? : - /

Thanks see you soon.
synthsin75

Re: Rebelle 4 to Moho 13.5.1 | import PSD error

Post by synthsin75 »

Not every software that can create PSDs creates them to PS standards. Lots of possible variation, possibly including vector data in the format.
bibendumchamalow

Regarding my tests, I only worked on bitmap layers. It does not matter I convert the file via Gimp, it suits me. I'm going to ask Escape Motions anyway ;-)
However, if there is a way to import a psd directly from Rebelle 4, I'll be happy to hear about it.

Thank you. :D
bibendumchamalow

Hello everyone, i finally find a solution for importing a PSD file from Rebelle 4. It's really a small thing to tick in the parameters of Rebelle.
Enter into preferences of the software and look at General tab, you see an option call "PSD options" you can tick "Disable PSD Compression".
That's all! Now you can import your PSD file from Rebelle 4. :mrgreen:
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Thank you for the Rebelle tip! Though I haven't yet tried importing a PSD file from Rebelle I went into preferences and ticked "disable PSD compression" as you instructed. Actually, I hadn't even thought about using Rebelle art in Moho, but since it has excellent watercolor emulation I may just have to give it a try.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for posting that tip! I haven't used Rebelle with Moho yet but I'm sure I will run into this issue sooner or later, so good to know!

FWIW, using layered PSDs from even Photoshop require export settings to make the files mostly 'generic'. This is true with not just Moho but for many programs that can import PSDs.