Suggestion for points (count)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Suggestion for points (count)

Post by SuperSGL »

There may already be a script for this but sometimes after using the free hand tool for a closed shape an extra point gets created. Usually because of the way I'm drawing (WACOM tablet) It would be nice to have a point count in the status bar. Sometimes you don't notice or you just want to know to be consistent with similar shapes. Maybe even a button that highlights 2 points really close together.
- just brain farting -
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Re: Suggestion for points (count)

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, I agree! I've wanted something like that for ages.

3D programs typically have a window that reports the stats of the current project file (i.e., how many objects, lights, cameras, etc., ) or the current selection (how many points, polygons, curves, etc.) Sometimes, it would be handy to have this info for Moho projects and items.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Yea that's probably why I thought of it. I've been learning blender over the past several 'Pandemic months' ...at least till Moho 13.5 came out :)

And speaking of the pandemic months I got caught up on all the Boss Baby episodes, really enjoyed it nice work! I tend to watch closer during the dream sequences the 2d stuff, very inspiring! Looking forward to the new movie.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, cool! I'm glad you enjoyed the Boss Baby series. I had a lot of fun working on the first series and I think we got to push Moho's boundaries with what we did. I'm not involved with the 2nd series, but Moho is used for the 2D sequences there too.

And, yeah, the 2nd movie is going to be awesome! :D
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:11 am I think we got to push Moho's boundaries with what we did.
You got to use Moho in production? Deets, pls?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Gnaws wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 am You got to use Moho in production? Deets, pls?
Sure, thanks for asking! I can't go into great detail about our production pipeline, but we've been using Moho in television production for years. You can see some of the work in my last three demo reels here:

My Last 3 Demo Reels

We use a lot of different animation programs where I work, but my last two reels (2020, 2018) and a good chunk of the third reel (2017) are almost entirely animated in Moho and composited in After Effects.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:58 pm Sure, thanks for asking! I can't go into great detail about our production pipeline,...
My Last 3 Demo Reels
FANTASTIC work! Thanks for sharing. =]
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks!

BTW, I really like the designs and animation at your website! Pretty cool stuff. :D