Hide in Editing View is Broken

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rafael

Hide in Editing View is Broken

Post by rafael »

You can have the visibility of a layer turned off, the opacity all the way to zero, but if you have "Hide in Editing View" checked, the layer will appear in your export, even if it doesn't appear in a preview.
synthsin75

Re: Hide in Editing View is Broken

Post by synthsin75 »

Not seeing that here. v13.5.1.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

The issue was already reported to LM Support a few days ago.
The issue also causes the animation to freeze on the affected layer (i.e. only Frame 0 is rendered).

for example: If you create a new file with single layer with animated content/visibility and 'hide in edit' - it works as expected when exported. However - if you then add a new content layer above the 'hidden' layer - the 'hidden' layer will no longer animate correctly when exported.

The fail logic is odd - and can be affected by the presence of reference layers and layer ordering etc.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ah, I see it now. I went ahead and reported this on the beta site, to hopefully give it more priority.

It seems Moho isn't calculating animation for unselected layers that are hidden in editing view. It just stays in the last state the layer was selected.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:27 am Ah, I see it now. I went ahead and reported this on the beta site, to hopefully give it more priority.
I've added some more info to the ticket and linked to a previously reported (but thought to have been cleared) issue.
rafael

Post by rafael »

Thanks for looking into this everyone!
synthsin75 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:27 am Ah, I see it now. I went ahead and reported this on the beta site, to hopefully give it more priority.
How exactly does one access the beta site these days? All my links just take me to the "Graphics Forum Closed" page...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

rafael wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:53 pm How exactly does one access the beta site these days? All my links just take me to the "Graphics Forum Closed" page...
If you were in the beta previously, contact Victor to see about signing a new NDA and gaining access.