23 Ideas

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: 23 Ideas

Post by hayasidist »

Hoptoad wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:23 am ... I think it should be native because it's confusing to import a layer into a new project and have it change size, or whatever. A lot of folks don't use scripts, I suspect, thinking Moho should work fine as-is. Personally, I am always hesitant to add a script. I ask myself, "Do I really need this? Really?" And when I do, half don't work for me for whatever reason -- probably because the script is old and hasn't been updated, or the script is new and I'm not running the latest version of Moho.
ask Victor nicely! I'll gladly release the scripts to LM for inclusion in a formal release (+/- possible updates to use new features since they were first written)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hoptoad wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:52 pm Oh, here is a picture of the marker issue I'd mentioned that you asked for clarification about.
I never thought about it until you pointed this out, but yeah, the marker area does look a bit tall. I think having a little gap makes it easier to read and prevents selecting/dragging a wrong item, but maybe it doesn't need that much space.

I totally understand wanting more desktop usable space wherever I can get it though. I don't always work on the biggest screens with the highest resolution*, and even when I do, I like to be as efficient as I can. BTW, have you seen the Better Defaults video I made a while back. I put some tips in there for maximizing usable space in the Timeline, Workspace, and Layers window.

*For example, Scareplane and Hearts Like Fists were created in Moho (called Anime Studio back then) on a tiny 1280 x 800 notebook display. This was actually ideal for me at the time because I worked on them mostly during lunchbreaks at a diner near where I worked, and at a local public library on the weekend.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hoptoad wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:23 am Personally, I am always hesitant to add a script. I ask myself, "Do I really need this? Really?" And when I do, half don't work for me for whatever reason -- probably because the script is old and hasn't been updated, or the script is new and I'm not running the latest version of Moho.
I've become more selective about which third-party scripts to add to Moho myself. There are a few I consider absolutely essential, but others are used so rarely that I start to feel they're just taking up valuable screen space. Of course, as soon as I remove them... :wink:

Moho needs a good native system for managing scripts from within the program, a way to easily activate/deactivate individual scripts and sets of scripts grouped by tasks or jobs. I know Paul made a script recently that does something like that, and I'm very embarrassed to admit I haven't tried it yet, but since I'm thinking about it right now...BRB.

Alternatively, maybe we should have multiple and fully customizable Tools windows. This way we can easily open and close sets of tools as needed.

Just thinking out loud.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:38 pm...BTW, have you seen the Better Defaults video I made a while back. I put some tips in there for maximizing usable space in the Timeline, Workspace, and Layers window..
Oh boy, that was helpful.

I had watched your video a long time ago and had implemented a few things, like changing the background color to 128,128,128. I had only changed a default setting if I knew there would be an improvement in my process, so I used about a third of your tips.

After re-watching the video as someone more experienced with Moho, I went ahead and implemented the other two-thirds -- except for disabling audio feedback. I like hearing the clicks. I'm also on the fence about "checker selection" in the Style menu. Checkered selection never bugged me, but I'm going to try the red-box method for a while and see if I like it more.

Thanks for reminding me of your video! I'm glad those colored bones keyframes are gone. They should be "off" by default, in my opinion. They are more of an advanced thingy.

Sorry, I watched "Scott Pilgrim Vs the World" again recently and now I'm saying "thingy" a lot...and adding "or whatever" to my sentences.

Okay, time to get back to animating my thingy, or whatever.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, wow...the 'Disable Scripts' script is pretty useful. I have a couple of comments but I'll post those in the other thread.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:56 pm I know Paul made a script recently that does something like that, and I'm very embarrassed to admit I haven't tried it yet, but since I'm thinking about it right now...BRB.
I think I missed that and didn't find it searching "disable scripts". Where is it?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:44 pm It's here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33998#p196088
Oh thanks but it says "You are not authorised to read this forum."
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Shoot! Sorry, my bad. It might not be released yet. Nothing to see here. :oops: