Holy COW OMG! Lost Marble is back with Moho???

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Holy COW OMG! Lost Marble is back with Moho???

Post by heyvern »

Good grief. This is what happens when you get old.... er.... and lost track. So I only recently contacted Mike about getting back on beta testing and he tells me he left Smith Micro a few years ago and has nothing to do with Moho anymore. I was sad. Not just for me but for him "losing Moho" that he spent so much of his time and energy on for so many years.

So, I recently switched to PC and don't have access to any copies of Moho, and simply can't afford the full price of Moho so today I popped on Google and started to search for older versions of Anime Studio or Moho for PC that would be relatively cheap-ish and might be upgradeable. I simply can't lose so many years of files and hundreds if not thousands of files, all the scripting that needs to be updated... yikes. Then what happens? I bump into all these announcements and posts about the new owners of MOHO!!!!!! Woooohoooo! I'm still a little dizzy from the news and from some of the new features.

Starting to save my pennies again for a new copy. Birthday is coming up who knows what may happen. Must... get... new... copy.

So happy it's back!!!!!!!!!!
synthsin75

Re: Holy COW OMG! Lost Marble is back with Moho???

Post by synthsin75 »

Welcome back, Vern!

And welcome to PC life.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Wow! I'm so happy to read this message!
Welcome back, Vern! We missed you!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yay, it's Vern! I hope you're well, and welcome back to the club. :)
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

Wow!
Let the good times roll.
Even Vern’s thumbnail has changed over time.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

hey Vern, welcome back!
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Good to have you back Vern! 🤩
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hi Vern! I'm so sorry, so much was going on around the acquisition that I thought I had spoken to you about it. Obviously, I mixed things up in my mind and I talked to you before any of that came about. But now you're here, and I'm glad to have you back!
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey Vern!
I was just thinking about you this morning, what ever happened to Vern, maybe he's dead? I wonder if I could find him. Hmmm.
Then I get to the 'office' and here you are!
Great to see you here.
I hope you stick around fella. :D Yay for Vern.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

chucky wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:00 pm what ever happened to Vern, maybe he's dead? I wonder if I could find him. Hmmm.
Hahahahaha! Yes just like Beetle Juice or the Candy Man, just say my name 3 times and I appear.

Yes, I was "almost dead" back at end of 2017. Had a "wee" bit of a tiny heart attack (I was such a arsehole in the hospital I'm certain some nurses wished I had died). I was a miserable backsturd while I was stuck in there. Only a few days though. I felt ten times better after than before. No worries all "fine" now... uh... relatively anyway.

To be honest was never quit close to dying. I wasn't even sure what was going on, spent the day running errands, took the bus to the shop to pick up my car, went to my storage unit, etc. When I got home and realized I felt like crap I looked up the symptoms on google. I called 911and just said "I think maybe I'm having a heart attack? Not 100% sure, so you should probably send someone. Tell them I will wait outside." I packed my bag and was on the sidewalk when they pulled up. There was NO WAY I was going to be stuck in the hospital without my computer, phone, plugs, chargers, iPad etc.

I have also grown a huge, Gandalf "pandemic beard". Unfortunately I started it back around 2014 so I yell at people when they say "The pandemic is over are you going to shave?". You see I am already branded...

Yes the beard is that long. I realized after posting I had to update my avatar.
DK

Post by DK »

Verne!!!!Where the heck have you been dude!
D.K
EDIT: Ahhh....I just read your saga. Great to see you back old friend! :D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Woohoo!

The real best thing about the news is that the "old forum" is going to be jumping again!

I just downloaded the trial version of 13. It's like riding a bicycle... you always remember. The tricky bit for me is getting use to freaking Windows... again... I used it many many years ago. Sadly I'm at that weird transition point where, I have learned the differences in Windows but I still miss the Mac, but I can barely use the Mac OS because I've relearned all the dang commands and processes.

Wow... select all... I kept hitting tab for about 5 minutes. :shock:
chucky

Post by chucky »

Glad you survived Vern. :D
gilcartunista

Post by gilcartunista »

Longa vida!!! a você é uma verdadeira lenda Vern! meu herói !!!!Bem vindo !!!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

gilcartunista wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:49 pm Longa vida!!! a você é uma verdadeira lenda Vern! meu herói !!!!Bem vindo !!!
Wow! Thank you sir! I admit I had to use google translate but wow! awesome!
I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY and have missed the feedback and sharing of ideas and creativity. I have not been on any forums like this since I stopped using Moho which is really what is missing for me. It is nice to be back.

Using the new trial version caused a flashback many years ago. Way way back in the olden times I downloaded a trial of this WIERDLY named program called "Moho". I used it for one day with the trial watermarks on my renders... just one day... that's all it took... I bought it immediately and since then never looked back.

I actually tried to figure out what I could use, cheaply, to replace Moho. I even had dreams of using Blender grease pencil. I tried it a bit but HOLY FREAKING COW! My brain cells are too old, hard and crusted over to push in so much new knowledge. I have to do it slowly and use lots of "Brain Creme®" so the neurons are soft enough for new applications.