Rigs in Moho 13.5 big lag

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mejin

Rigs in Moho 13.5 big lag

Post by Mejin »

Hello,

I have a project I am working on - and realised that I can not use old rigs in 13.5., because they laaag sooo much.
I dont' have the problem in 11.2 and 12.5.
As far as I can see it's maybe a problem with the psd, because the file is quite big - with 145 MB - but in 11 and 12 everything works fine like a charm.
In 13.5 - as soon as I click a bone - it lags for a long time - and just then after... I don't know... 10 seconds (?) it will select the bone. Every step takes forever.

Have there been internal programming changes or does 13.5. handle PS-Files in another way (?).

Or is there a solution for this issue?

I think we'll work with 11 or 12.5, but it would be good to know, why it lags so much now... .

Greetings!
Greenlaw

Re: Rigs in Moho 13.5 big lag

Post by Greenlaw »

AFAIK, rig performance should be about the same between Moho 12.5 and 13.5, but maybe something happened to the project during the translation, or the programs' settings are different. Some things to check are...

Whenever I see slow performance in a rig, the first thing I check for is the 'negative keyframe' bug. This is when Moho generates an unintentional keyframe (or several keyframes,) thousands of frames before frame 0, causing Moho to evaluate the interpolation across that distance plus the current intentional keyframes. This can cause a previously responsive rigs to suddenly run painfully slow. To check for and get rid of these bad keyframes, use Synthsin75's script Delete Negative Keyframes. Be sure to run this script on a copy of your project.

If that doesn't help, I might also try disabling/enabling GPU Acceleration. The benefit of using this option depends on the nature of your rig--for some types of rigs, enabling it may actually slow down performance, not to mention showing display errors when certain masking techniques are in use. (For the type of rigs I create, I normally leave GPU Acceleration disabled.)

As for program settings, I don't known what settings you have, but watch this video: Better Default Settings For Moho Pro. This video explains some of the optimizations I like to apply for improving Moho's performance and efficiency. Maybe something here will speed things up?

I would also check the usual things like making sure the graphics driver is up to date.

Hope this helps.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you're on Windows, it may be a problem with sticky keys. If so, this might help:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 81#p168081
Mejin

Post by Mejin »

Hello there,

thank you so much so far!

Well... I ... looked through everything you suggested - but without any effect - it just stays buggy. :/
I'm working on an Mac... .

I gets slightly better if I delete all perspectives of the character but one - but this doesn't help...
and it still lags then.

Hm. I really don't know why this is happening. :/

Best!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Have you tried disabling auto-save?
Mejin

Post by Mejin »

Do you mean the autosave function if it crashes?
Yeah, tried that now - no change. :/
Mejin

Post by Mejin »

Ah.. well... suddenly it didn't work with 11 and 12.5 either. Yesterday it worked... O_o
But under bootcamp everything is fine as it seems.

I'm working on Catalina, maybe this is a problem, I don't know... but I guess I'll work under windows for this project...