My Moho 13.5 is crashing during rendering

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kgeetvcartoons

My Moho 13.5 is crashing during rendering

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

I don't know if it's a problem with the character or the program but Moho 13.5 is crashing during rendering. Is anyone having this problem and is there a fix?
It's just a minute long video with one character.

It says: A problem has cause the program to stop working correctly. It will get to the end of the rendering and then crash....Any solutions?
synthsin75

Re: My Moho 13.5 is crashing during rendering

Post by synthsin75 »

Any non-English character in the exported file name or path to the file?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm assuming you're rendering to video? Does this still happen when rendering an image sequence? If not, do that and then compile the frames to video. You can do this in a separate Moho project or in a compositing program like After Effects or a video editor. Some media players can do this too.

If you still get crashing even with image sequences, try Wes negative keyframe script. Those pesky 'bad' keyframes cause all kinds of bad performance issues.

If that's not the problem, maybe there's a corrupt item in the project? Try disabling visibility of different layers and see if that makes a difference. If not, try removing layers from a copy of the project. Eventually, you may find the offending layer, and then you can try replacing or fixing the bad layer. (If there is a bad layer, I would suspect an imported video or audio file first, then any imported images.)

FWIW, I haven't encountered this crash, probably because I never render to video file directly from Moho. Not excusing the crash, but I almost never render video directly from an animation program, 2D or 3D. For a variety of reasons, it's more efficient and flexible to render an image sequence first.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I'm getting consistent render crashes right now with 13.5.2, rendering as usual to image sequence.
Disable multithread and there's no problem, it jus takes foooooorevvvverrrrr
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

I didn't see any problem in rendering with image sequence and moho exporter. (13.5.2)
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I'm didn't have a crash so far and rendered some mp4 and some PNG image sequences. It could be useful to give more details like windows version, GPU brand or format used. The bug could be specific to some variable. Mine is W10, AMD's GPU
chucky

Post by chucky »

I doubt if it's hardware very much.
More likely resolution and other overdemanding render settings.
Moho just need to have more safety nets to prevent crashing when put to the test.