Install problem mscvr100.dll not found

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RichardC

Install problem mscvr100.dll not found

Post by RichardC »

Hello
Following install of 13.5 it won't run and I get an error message MSCVR100.dll was not found. Tried reinstalling.
Fresh install of windows 10, if this makes a difference.
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks
Rick
RichardC

Re: Install problem mscvr100.dll not found

Post by RichardC »

Hi again.
Please ignore, I fixed the problem.
donsmith0872

Post by donsmith0872 »

How did you fix it? I've done about everything I've researched...
RichardC

Post by RichardC »

Sorry I really can't remember, but I know I googled the issue and found a solution pretty quickly.
I think I may have gone here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/top ... f26a218cc0 and got the visual Studio redistributable. Did you try that?
jonscott

Post by jonscott »

I am responding to this older thread as it was the one brought up on my search when I had this same problem today. When I joined the forum, I found several more threads in this forum with more information.

I am running windows 10 pro. After getting this error, I tried the latest C++ redistributable and some back to 2012, but reloading them did not fix it.

There was no file in mscvr100.dll file in the system32 folder. There was copy in SyswoW folder is not the one you need, and was not used. My fix was, I copied the file from another windows 10 computer so I got lucky.

Turns out the file was from a 2010 redistributable, so perhaps its not included the later versions of the redistributable. I never tried to load the 2010 redistributable, but I strongly suspect that is all I needed to do.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

I've come across this problem several times. My quick fix was to install Cartoon Animator ( https://www.reallusion.com/cartoon-animator/ ). The trial version will do just fine. Cartoon Animator automatically includes mscvr100.dll during installation. Moho should then install no problem, after which you can uninstall Cartoon Animator 5. A bit of a nerdy workaround, but it works. Also, I agree with jonscott, it's a 2010 redistributable. Perhaps there is a fix needed with the Moho software to exclude this old and probably outdated DLL.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

Here to confirm that yes, you want "Visual Studio 2010 (VC++ 10.0) SP1" from

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -downloads

This is no longer an issue with Moho 14.