Ran out of Activations. Can't get support.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NealF

Ran out of Activations. Can't get support.

Post by NealF »

Hi,

I'm trying to open my Moho 12.5. First I have to put in my serial # again. Tried every # and update # and it's not working. Then it's telling me I'm out of activations and should download another license (I think.)
The link takes me to a page that has nothing to do with licenses. Just have version of the pgm to download on a Smith Micro page.

I did that. Same thing.

Still trying to get in touch with SM or Lost Marble. Not being successful.
Haven't had success finding an answer on this forum yet.
slowtiger

Re: Ran out of Activations. Can't get support.

Post by slowtiger »

Ah, you probably missed this:
https://my.smithmicro.com/forum.html
Get the latest installer for your version, install, type in your serial number - that's it. It's the last build especially made to work without any licensing server.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
NealF

Post by NealF »

Actually tried that several times.
I downloaded 12.5. Installed. Asks for serial #. I input the # and it says I have not inputed a valid serial #. It also says Cancel to use in demo mode. But demo mode is grayed out.

I've tried all the numbers I've had over the years. Including upgrades. Not happening.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If the official 'Final' installer is telling you the serial number is invalid, it's likely that the problem is the number is incorrect, and not that you have too many activations.

You should definitely get in touch with Lost Marble. If you registered the license when you originally installed it, Lost Marble should be able to look it up and tell you the correct number.

Edit: Oh, and make sure you're reaching out to Lost Marble (Moho's current owners), and not Smith Micro. At this point, I doubt Smith Micro is responding to support calls or emails. Also, while waiting for Lost Marble to reply, remember that Victor is in Ireland, and there may be a big time zone difference depending on where you live.
NealF

Post by NealF »

I finally was able to get through and create a ticket. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.
Thanks.