Vitruvian Onion Skin Glitch

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

alanthebox

Vitruvian Onion Skin Glitch

Post by alanthebox »

Hello, I have a ticket open with LM, but thought I'd check in here to see if anyone has any insight into this issue. I set up a quick test Vitruvian rig just to get a feel for how they work, however, when I enable the onion skin, my display glitches out. If I drag the timeline around or select onion skin frames, the glitch disappears. However, as soon as I release my mouse, it comes back. I've confirmed the file works fine on a different machine, so, it must have something to do with my display settings or GPU (GeForce 1660 TI). All of my drivers are up to date. Below are some video examples of this behavior.

GPU Acceleration Disabled

GPU Acceleration Enabled

GPU Acceleration Enabled - 4 way view

And just to confirm, onion skins work fine in all other situations.
chucky

Re: Vitruvian Onion Skin Glitch

Post by chucky »

I was just posting the same thing !
I'll put an official report in.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I actually thought my computer might have been the problem, I even rolled back to an earlier version of windows.

Sometimes if you wait long enough the onion skin will work, but also show masking layers as visible.
Other times Moho will just ghost crash.

Oddly, also that earlier in the day, this was not happening ( I'm pretty sure) I even got a few FBF frames in first.
Been battling with it ever since, may hours ago.
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

Last night when I was troubleshooting this issue, I just happened to view your Youtube video on the NVIDIA control panel settings, you know, just to see if perhaps there was a program setting I should enable or disable. What a coincidence!
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Another +1. Even though I only tried it because you guys reported it.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam