Wacom tablets & Windows Ink

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

aongus

Wacom tablets & Windows Ink

Post by aongus »

Have other people with Wacom tablets had this experience?

Drawing with the freehand tool in Moho 13.5, I was shocked to find that pressure sensitivity no longer worked on a Wacom Intuos or Cintiq.

I got the feature working again, simply by adjusting a preference in the Wacom properties panel.

On Windows 10, Moho 13.5 seems to need Windows Ink enabled.

I'd switched it off because it caused problems (e.g. in Clip Studio). Wacom allow different settings for different programs, so I enabled Ink for Moho (and nothing else), and so far everything’s working well.
Greenlaw

Re: Wacom tablets & Windows Ink

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, I had not realized the Ink option could be set differently for each program; I thought Ink was a global only option. This good to know as I've been seeing odd behavior in different programs lately.

Thanks for sharing this tip!
negroclarito

Post by negroclarito »

I use a Wacom Cintiq 22HD and so far I didn't have any problem with pressure in MOHO 13.5 using the Freehand tool.

I found another problems using the Wacom Cintiq.

- I can not open any MOHO menus and tools menu from the top left of the program menu using the pen. I have to use the mouse. It only happens with MOHO, not with other software. I calibrate it and still happens.

- Using the Add Point tool, every time I click to add one point using the Wacom Cintiq pen, I get 2 points. Using the mouse that does not happen. I changed some Wacom pen settings with the same result.
chucky

Post by chucky »

negroclarito wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 pm I use a Wacom Cintiq 22HD and so far I didn't have any problem with pressure in MOHO 13.5 using the Freehand tool.

I found another problems using the Wacom Cintiq.

- I can not open any MOHO menus and tools menu from the top left of the program menu using the pen. I have to use the mouse. It only happens with MOHO, not with other software. I calibrate it and still happens.

- Using the Add Point tool, every time I click to add one point using the Wacom Cintiq pen, I get 2 points. Using the mouse that does not happen. I changed some Wacom pen settings with the same result.
Hey Negroclarito,
I have the 22 HD too and found the same problem, when I had the setting in windows ink " let me use my pen as mouse in some desktop apps'
Uncheck that and the menus will work again. :D
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

I use a simple XP Pen tablett and stylus and while it works flawless in MOHO 13, it's a pain in the butt in 13.5 I can bareley draw when I draw freehand it leaves a lot of lost, single points and mendu commands are simply not working. So I have to work with the mouse when I want to open a menu, saving the file and so on.
So Moho 1305 definitely has a compatibility issue with graphic tabletts.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

chucky wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:58 pm [
I have the 22 HD too and found the same problem, when I had the setting in windows ink " let me use my pen as mouse in some desktop apps'
Would that mean that in order to get the stylus work in Moho 13.5 I have to disable the stylus for orther desktop applications ? :cry:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think you can safely turn that off. When Chucky mentioned this during beta testing, I checked mine, and it was already off.

BTW, I have an XP-Pen Artist 13.3 that I'm thinking of using with my laptop. I'll post here if I have any Moho Freehand compatibility issues with this device.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Diana Kennedy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:05 pm
chucky wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:58 pm [
Would that mean that in order to get the stylus work in Moho 13.5 I have to disable the stylus for orther desktop applications ? :cry:
No no,
it's just a windows ink setting.
Change that windows setting, that is all, no need to touch any wacom settings or turn anything else off.
The use my pen as mouse setting seems all but useless for artists use.
I only ran into the menu problem myself after experimenting and turning it on, did nothing good anywhere else, but Moho didn't like it for some reason.
Your other apps should also be fine I think.
In fact if anyone knows why it would ever be useful, I'd be interested to know.
almin

Post by almin »

I am using XP-Pen pro 22 and have major issues with release 13.5
Initially I thought this was an issue with add points tool so created this video

https://youtu.be/r3SAmXsjqdE

Later I discovered issue is with pointing device other than a mouse so I created this video

https://youtu.be/RfWvvmBvfkU

I am having to create characters in Moho 12 pro then import to Moho 13.5

Looking forward to a quick fix.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Go to windows settings/ devices / pen and windows Ink/ turn off.... Let me use my pen as a mouse in some desktop apps.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

chucky wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:16 am Go to windows settings/ devices / pen and windows Ink/ turn off.... Let me use my pen as a mouse in some desktop apps.

Ok, thanks Chucky. It works so far for me.
negroclarito

Post by negroclarito »

chucky wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:16 am Go to windows settings/ devices / pen and windows Ink/ turn off.... Let me use my pen as a mouse in some desktop apps.
Yes, now it's working. The problems with menus and Add Point tool are solved.

Thank you :D
BiteyThing

Post by BiteyThing »

I'm using the XP-Pen 25.6 Pro and having these problems...
((13.5 Pro demo with Windows 10 - NVidia 1080 card and 32mb ram))

With Windows Ink ON (("Use pen as mouse in some apps" is unchecked:))
  • Pressure sensitivity works
  • Holding shortcuts (sticky keys) like W, C, A, and T cause serious lag when used with the stylus but work fine with a mouse.
  • Zooming with Right-Click+Shift just causes screen glitching... Fine with a mouse
With Windows Ink OFF
  • Pressure sensitivity doesn't work
  • Sticky Key shortcuts mentioned above work with stylus and mouse
  • Zooming with Right-Click + Shift works with stylus and mouse.
With old Wacom Intuos 3
Same as above but no issues zooming with Right-Click + Shift

Wes was kind enough to make a fix for what may have been a related sticky keys problem... Maybe he could save us again if it doesn't get fixed... //hint-hint// :P
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... ad#p165841
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I updated the link here: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 81#p168081
It might still work for 13.5.
BiteyThing

Post by BiteyThing »

Yeah! That fixed the sticky-keys when using Windows Ink. Thanks so much, Wes :D

So now everything is working but the XP Pen's right-click+shift zoom. Must be something with the way the stylus right-click works. If i use my mouse for the right click, I'm able to hold shift and zoom by dragging the stylus with no problems.... Going to look into this some more and will post in Bug Discussions later.

EDIT:
If you release the shift key after initiating the zoom function, it works!
Not as intuitive as holding shift but might not be too horrible to get used to if it doesn't get a fix.
((Edit-2 - Will still randomly flicker/glitch occasionally while zooming but still very usable... Hmmm... does the same when panning with the xp-pen rt-click button))