Reparent + Transform + Scale bug...and also...

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Reparent + Transform + Scale bug...and also...

Post by eric1223 »

There is a bug where if you:
1. reparent,
2.transform
3. reparent that bone onto another bone
4. scale that bone, It's child bone's object will offset.

I know it sounds confusing, but I have 2 files here to show what happens. One is rigged, and has the steps how to do it, and the other is rigged, has the steps how to do it, and is done.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1ti0z5e39hm ... g.zip?dl=0

Idk if this is a bug, but I cannot import .mp3 files anymore, something I've always done since v9. I looked at the help me guide, and it says it's still a supported format.

This version is 13.5
synthsin75

Re: Reparent + Transform + Scale bug...and also...

Post by synthsin75 »

That's weird. I can't replicate it on the unanimated file, or even if I remove the keyframes and redo them myself.

Yeah, MP3 support was lost. Moho no longer has a 32bit option and they dropped all QuickTime supported formats. So there's also no longer any video formats that support transparency on Windows, although PNG image sequences still work for that. I really thought they should allow MP3 support through QuickTime Essentials, that doesn't have the security issues that QuickTime Player has. So now you have to boot up Audacity or something to convert any MP3s you want to use to WAV/AIF
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:02 pm That's weird. I can't replicate it on the unanimated file, or even if I remove the keyframes and redo them myself.
I replicated it just now. I think steps 3 and 4 are the most important for this bug to happen, especially step 3. For that one, u must transform and rotate.
synthsin75 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:02 pm Yeah, MP3 support was lost. Moho no longer has a 32bit option and they dropped all QuickTime supported formats. So there's also no longer any video formats that support transparency on Windows, although PNG image sequences still work for that. I really thought they should allow MP3 support through QuickTime Essentials, that doesn't have the security issues that QuickTime Player has. So now you have to boot up Audacity or something to convert any MP3s you want to use to WAV/AIF
Thanks for clearing this up mp3 thing.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

eric1223 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:42 pm I replicated it just now. I think steps 3 and 4 are the most important for this bug to happen, especially step 3. For that one, u must transform and rotate.
Yeah, I wasn't rotating the reparented bone. I can replicate it now. Just checked, and this occurred in v12.5 too, so not a new bug.

But in the meantime, we know you can't rotate a reparented bone between parented keyframes.

I've reported this issue.