Edit Bezier Curve

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: Edit Bezier Curve

Post by hayasidist »

lucasfranca wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:04 pm ...

The tool does not appear in a non-zero frame. Do I have an old version of it? My version is 1.8.
1.80 is current..
I classed it as a drawing tool -- so with Drawing Tools enabled only on frame 0 it won't appear later in the timeline .... Edit / preferences / tools and clear the relevant checkbox

((from 13.5.3 onwards, tools that draw will (usually by default) create the shape on frame 0 irrespective of where in the timeline they're invoked - so that preference setting is now somewhat redundant))
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

hayasidist wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:03 pm
lucasfranca wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:04 pm ...

The tool does not appear in a non-zero frame. Do I have an old version of it? My version is 1.8.
1.80 is current..
I classed it as a drawing tool -- so with Drawing Tools enabled only on frame 0 it won't appear later in the timeline .... Edit / preferences / tools and clear the relevant checkbox

((from 13.5.3 onwards, tools that draw will (usually by default) create the shape on frame 0 irrespective of where in the timeline they're invoked - so that preference setting is now somewhat redundant))
Enabling drawing on a non-zero frame worked! This is quite interesting and useful for some animations. Thank you!
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

This script of yours can be implemented in another tool, wouldn't you be offended?

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

lucasfranca wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:16 pm This script of yours can be implemented in another tool, wouldn't you be offended?
not quite sure what you mean? do you want to reuse the code in your own (to be developed) tool? If so attribution would be the polite way to go ... :D
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

I have v1.8 of this script too. It works perfectly here on any timeline frame as long as Prefs are set to allow drawing beyond frame 0. I'm using Win10 Pro x64 Moho 13.5.5.

[edit] sorry, didn't see Hayasidist's earlier answer with same info.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

hayasidist wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:51 pm
lucasfranca wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:16 pm This script of yours can be implemented in another tool, wouldn't you be offended?
not quite sure what you mean? do you want to reuse the code in your own (to be developed) tool? If so attribution would be the polite way to go ... :D
Yes, this. And of course it always has attributions from sources and creators.

hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

lucasfranca wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:15 pm Yes, this. And of course it always has attributions from sources and creators.
go ahead! (and I look forward to seeing the end product!)