Post by Greenlaw »

jahnocli wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:32 pm
Greenlaw wrote:What's a 'lull'? :P
Ask a Dutchman
Oh, my!
arglborps

Re: Vintage Moho collectible

Post by arglborps »

The old Moho UI had its own issues, and I have to say Moho has come a long way toward being more intuitive to use, going back to the old UI paradigms wouldn't be something I'd be looking forward to. I've been using Moho ever since it was available for Mac OS (version 2.2).

One of the odd things I find is that despite the BeOS heritage, that would make you expect fine grained scalable multi-threading, Moho these days seems to be only utilizing four threads at maximum, or better only four cores of the CPU (on macOS) to render and never maxes out the CPU, as if some odd throttling is happening. Due to that, rendering speeds are really slow (sometimes 30 minutes or more for a 1 minute scene that isn't particularly complex on a 16" MacBook Pro). When I compare this to e.g. Apple Motion where everything (even particle emitters, complex rigs, composition) is easily done in realtime via the GPU, and final rendering takes seconds most of the time, I just hope that Moho can get to those levels of optimization some time soon.

Going down memory lane… I made this around 2003 with Moho 2.5, I believe, on a Blue and White G3.

Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I've never, ever wanted to go back to a previous release, until Moho 13.0 came out. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:07 pm I've never, ever wanted to go back to a previous release, until Moho 13.0 came out. :)
Same.
bruno

Post by bruno »

It is a shame that there is no Haiku Version of Moho until now!
Until now the code for the 20 year old Moho 2.5 version for BeOs is not given to the Haiku developer to adjust some parameter to make Moho 2.5 encode video files!
I bought the Moho license that time to support the BeOs/Haiku development.
But there was only strange replies from the Anime team about the BeOs version to sell for Million Dollars!!! That is very rude in my eyes!
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:shock:I contacted Moho from version 2.1,But the oldest installation file I can find is: Moho 3.5 :shock:

Moho can transcend national boundaries, race, language---Moho has been with me for 20 years, and it will be the same in the future.

Thanks Moho.

Thanks, Mike.