Santa Brought us Moho Back - Here's my Wishlist

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arglborps

Santa Brought us Moho Back - Here's my Wishlist

Post by arglborps »

Now that Moho is back in good hands, here's hoping these desperately needed features for the Mac version will see the light of day some time next year:
  • When rendering out animation (in Moho or using Moho Exporter) the app should use more than 4 threads/cores
  • Proper GPU acceleration using Metal2 (if you move to support Vulkan, MoltenVK can get you a long way)
  • Proper eGPU support to accelerate the viewport, but also for rendering of final movies
  • Universal binary for x86 and Apple Silicon Macs
  • Rendering animations in ProRes 422 should use the correct colour profile (currently colours are pale)
  • Rendering animations in ProRes 4444 Alpha should also use correct colour profile and result in alpha channels just as clean as with PNG image sequences (currently the alpha channel isn't as sharp and clean as with PNGs)
  • Real lighting and shadows (that's why I'm doing most of the compositing in Apple Motion now and often only the characters in Moho)
  • Undoing stuff shouldn't crash your app
  • A crashing app should never result in data corruption
Kilian Muster
Designer (day job), Animator/Creator (in the after hours)
PiXELBLAST Phungus & Mowld Production BlogYouTube Channel