I've got some news...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lost Marble
Site Admin

I've got some news...

Post by Lost Marble »

Hi Everybody!

You haven't heard much from me in a long time, and that's because, well, I haven't been associated with Moho for a couple years.

That's about to change.

You may have heard the news already, but here's the short version: Víctor Paredes and I have formed a new company, (not so coincidentally) called Lost Marble, that has acquired the rights to Moho. Our plan is to move ahead full speed on Moho. We have a lot of things to do, and I expect we'll share more plans as we go forward, but in the short term we plan to work on bugs and compatibility issues so that you can all keep working with Moho with confidence. We've also got lots of ideas for improvements and new features that we're excited to start working on.

Right now, this is all brand new. Our web presence is not really there yet, so we need to get our website up and running. You'll see Smith Micro's site is still live, and we're working with them during a transition period. We hope to have our site live as soon as possible.

There's probably a lot of questions and a lot more to say, but I'll just start out with this. We're back, Moho is in good hands, we're excited to keep going, and I missed all of you and Moho!

-Mike
Ronbo

Re: I've got some news...

Post by Ronbo »

I am very, very happy to hear this, Mike! Congratulations.
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Omg, just when i thought it was over!!! Best news of this otherwise tough year! Thanks so much for holding onto your vision and can‘t wait to see what the future holds for Moho!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just saw it on Twitter. This is like a really a great Xmas present! (And good news in these bad times.)

If there's anything we could do to support you, just name it.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

WOAH! That’s amazing! I might start using the software again; Mike - your tutorials with Lenny were key to helping me understand the software.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

slowtiger wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:34 pm Just saw it on Twitter. This is like a really a great Xmas present! (And good news in these bad times.)

If there's anything we could do to support you, just name it.
Woah, hi! Long time! Could this be a new dawn for Moho? 🤩
Penny

Post by Penny »

This is a huge news! I honestly was about to give up on Moho, but finally, FINALLY! Moho is on the right hands to unleash its power!
Last edited by Penny on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even with the head in the clouds You can touch the ground

https://www.facebook.com/santiago.penny
https://www.behance.net/pennysantiago
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

WHAT?? Finally the miracle all we have been dreaming on... The magic of Christmas? :D I don't know, but this year really deserved a news like this... It had been a long wait, but thank you so much for taking care and let us know. Good luck! Although and I'm sure with you both the best is coming without any doubt :)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thank you, everyone. We are extremely excited about this.
Here's the official announcement, in case you haven't seen it:

Moho has new owners!

We are very excited to announce that Moho 2D animation software has been acquired by Lost Marble LLC, the company founded by Mike Clifton, the original creator of Moho, and Victor Paredes, Supervisor of Moho animation at Cartoon Saloon and former Moho Product Manager.

“We are thrilled to continue developing Moho’s unique approach to 2D animation, pushing the limits in which technology can help artists”, says Víctor Paredes. “Having Mike back working on his creation is a dream come true. We have received a lot of feedback from animators worldwide and already have many ideas we want to implement to the software”.

Lost Marble has the support of the multiple Academy Award-nominated studio Cartoon Saloon, which uses the software in many of their productions, including the just released Wolfwalkers.

“We always call Moho ‘our secret weapon’. We have been using it for years now and it’s really amazing. At the beginning I was a purist, thinking that whatever we did had to be hand drawn, but after seeing Moho in action, I just wanted to use it more and more”. Says Tomm Moore, Co-director of Wolfwalkers and Secret of Kells and Director of Song of the Sea

Nora Twomey, Co-director of Secret of Kells and Director of The Breadwinner, says “Moho has been a crucial creative tool for our key Cartoon Saloon productions. The Breadwinner, GOLDEN GLOBE and ACADEMY AWARD® Nominated animated feature film, heavily relied on Moho to seamlessly sit alongside hand-drawn animation. It's such a versatile tool and it has been the software choice of many of our key artists over the years”

Cartoon Saloon is also working on Puffin Rock The Movie, which is fully animated in Moho. According to its Director, Jeremy Purcell, “Having worked with Moho on both TV series and feature films over the last 10 years and seeing it grow in capabilities and features over that time, I am very excited about what the future holds for the programme”.

"I am thankful that we have an opportunity to continue developing this amazing software, that's allowed so many people to tell their animated stories" says Mike Clifton, creator of Moho. "Thank you as well to all of the Moho community on the forum, in social media, in the studios and wherever else they may be for all of your patience and support over the years. I am looking forward to a bright future with you all, our new users and the rest of the Lost Marble team."

For more information on Moho, visit us at www.mohoanimation.com
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
carfer

Post by carfer »

Wonderful news! Best luck for Moho Lost Marble and ... for all of us, users.
stealingfeathers

Post by stealingfeathers »

Fantastic news! Yahoo! :D
petersuslik

Post by petersuslik »

Thanks old-new Moho team for this awesome gift. Wish you good luck with the future development. (Ö)
Shanty Baba

Post by Shanty Baba »

This is the best news I have heard all year!
If you all listen carefully, you’ll heard my applause all the way from Cornwall, UK.
Cheers
Shanty
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

What a great email to wake up to...

If you need any help, say the word...

So happy I won't need to ditch Moho in 2021 (or beyond!)
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

That's INCREDIBLE news!!

Best Christmas present this community could have EVER wished for!! :!: :!: :!: