Repeatedly asking for serial number and error 2023

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MistCat

Repeatedly asking for serial number and error 2023

Post by MistCat »

Two problems feeding into each other:
Moho debut 12 has asked me for the serial number 2 (maybe 3) times in the past year despite me never switching the device, uninstalling it, or even messing with the settings or controls. I paid no mind to this until I read that I could only use the activation code 3 times. I was going to cross my fingers and hope for the best, until the 'error -2023' message popped up, not letting me open up the program.
So! I googled how to properly uninstall and reinstall moho, and found this would take up 1 of the 3 activations you had if you didn't deactivate the license... which is done inside the program? That I am unable to open? Due to the error?
So my question is, how do I avoid getting Moho to ask me about the serial number despite it being on the same computer with no changes for a year.
AND how do I deactivate the license if I can't get inside the program itsself due to error?
(I'm on a windows10 dell computer and have the Moho debut 12 disc, if that matters!)

My apologies if I'm missing something very obvious or upfront that would solve this problem! I'm just really struggling here, only having just gotten the hang of the program and very much like using it!