white line

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Re: white line

Post by jahnocli »

Metoo wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:42 pm how do i upload a file?
I already told you
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Metoo

Post by Metoo »

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Cool! Glad you got the download link working. Since you're using Dropbox here are some tips:

Change dl=0 to dl=1 and Dropbox will automatically present the download saver instead of sending the user to your Dropbox folder.

If you wish, you can customize the code to regular text using the post editor. To do this, select the code and click the Link button; the forum will wrap the code in a link format. Now hover over the button to see how you can customize the download name for the link. In a nutshell, move the first bracket to follow the code and then insert an = sign between url and the code. Now insert your link's custom name between the brackets. (The custom name is commonly the file's actual name.)

If you use Dropbox for images, change dl=0 to raw=1, and then select the code and click the Image button. This will format the code so the image is displayed in the post. If you don't do this, Dropbox will think you want to download the image.

I'll take a look at your file later today.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Metoo,

I looked at your project file. First, the white line is visible in the workspace if you enable Antialiasing in Display Preview. When I looked closer at the shape, I see you have two shapes stacked on top of each other. The top shape is brown and the shape beneath it is filled with a light gray color. My guess is that the antialiasing of the lower shape is brightening the edge of the upper shape, thus the white fringe.

Here's what I see in the workspace when Antialiasing is enabled...

Here's what the light gray shape beneath the brown shape looks like...

So I deleted the gray shape which revealed a brown shape, but now it's a lighter brown...

Removing this shape created a 'bald' spot in the character, so instead I kept this shape and changed the color to the proper brown. Now it renders like this...

This isn't completely right because I'm certain it affects your intended highlight effect, but the white line is now gone.

So the issue isn't with Moho but it's with how you stacked differently color shapes that have shared edges, which naturally affects how the gets edge anti-aliased (in this case, white instead of transparent).

I suggest re-working the artwork so it renders correctly. Also, you might consider simplifying the artwork by breaking it out into more layers, for example, move the head and hair shapes in different layers. This will make the setup easier and more predictable to work with.

Hope this helps.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

One more tip:

I haven't checked but I'm assuming you're using semi-transparent fills for the hair and hair highlights. I suggest keeping the Styles simpler by using solid fills that are in the actual colors you want. If you create Custom Styles for the hair and highlights, you can easily change them later.

Using solid fills can result in quicker renders because Moho won't need to calculate transparency. and, depending on how you animate the character, the colors will behave more predictably this way.