Joysticks and sliders script?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

troypicou

Joysticks and sliders script?

Post by troypicou »

I know we have smart bones, my screen is full. :D Just wondering if it would be possible to create a script that would take the information and make something like AE's joysticks and sliders plugin. I create joysticks manually and it gets time consuming. Having no idea about script writing I'm just curious if it could be done and if the community would feel a need for it. Just looking for a cleaner setup.
Thanks
Greenlaw

Re: Joysticks and sliders script?

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, not much help to offer but I know what you mean.

In a future release, I'd love to see them take a 'construction kit' approach to building character UI with other control items besides 'bone dials'. Keeping each character UI in a tabbed window would be cool, maybe even changing dynamically as you select each character to animate. And it would super useful if you could store and recall UI presets to re-use as needed.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troypicou

Post by troypicou »

If they would implement those ideas that would be huge. I have never been able to make smart bone feel clean and organized. Thanks for the tutorials by the way, they are great.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for the nice comments about the videos Troy! I've enjoyed your tutorials a lot and have taken some inspiration from what you've done.

I'm finally figuring out how I want to present these videos, and I have few others almost ready for release. I just need to make time to finish editing them...but I'm sure you know how that goes. :)
troypicou

Post by troypicou »

Thanks, I’m looking forward to your new tutorials.