Hide frames in timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

grns

Hide frames in timeline

Post by grns »

Hello i come from Animate, and things are different in Moho, so i have some trouble to understand how some things works. I really cant find out that:

- How i hide certain frames in timeline?
i dont mean Masking, i just want some things to dissappear for a certain period of time
hayasidist

Re: Hide frames in timeline

Post by hayasidist »

the best approach depends on the setup.

> if it's a shape you want to disappear - you could animate its fill / stroke to be totally transparent.
> if it's a whole layer - there's layer opacity and layer visibility
> if it's part of something then you can animate a mask to hide just the part you don't want (yeah - I know you said not masking!)
> you could use a switch layer with the object in one child layer and another child layer that's empty
> you can move the thing out of the camera view

and all those (except layer visibility and switch to empty layer) can make a gradual or step transition from visible to invisible or vv

… and I'm sure there are other approaches

Bottom line: loads of ways - design the setup and chose according to the visual effect you want to achieve (or, if you have the setup - use the one that works best given what you have)
grns

Post by grns »

I dont know what is "switch layer", but i will try to learn, since is the solution to the problem i have.

p.s.
If i understand, In Moho, when you import something in stage, stays visible all the time, without the need of Keyframes?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Yes. All objects exist for the duration of the scene/project file, like in any 3D program.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5