Make the "Lua console" shut the hell up!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stephklein

Make the "Lua console" shut the hell up!

Post by stephklein »

It's not preventing me from working or anything, it's just annoying as hell. I'm working on an action, and if i hit any shortcuts, or select anything from the menubar, the Lua Console pops up and tells me that "Creating objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results" (which i'm not doing in the first place)

Can I disable this or something?
-Steph Klein
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Instead of closing the console window and having it reappear, just drag it off to the side until it's almost offscreen. Easier to ignore that way.

This issue has come up a few times now, but I haven't been able to duplicate the situation. Can you describe the specific steps you're taking that mkes this happen? Also, what operating system are you using?
stephklein

Post by stephklein »

Ok, I'm running WinXP-Pro. In Moho (latest version) I have a 5-layered character assembled with several bones. I open the Actions window, and start a new action. While I'm in "action editing/creation mode" (manipulating bones, setting keyframes, etc.), if I hit, say, Ctrl-Z, or Ctrl-S, or click 'File' in the menubar, the Lua Console suddenly appears to grace me with it's presence.

Luckily, I'm running dual monitors, and the console appears in the bottom of the left monitor (while I run Moho in the right monitor) so if I just don't close it, it's easy enough to ignore (much like you suggested).
-Steph Klein
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

The same configuration (except for the 2 monitors) and the same problem here a time ago, and too working with Embedded Scripts...
stephklein

Post by stephklein »

I'm not actually working with any script.
-Steph Klein
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes, yes, meantime one is inside an Action Lua Console jumps as if one is using scripts as if not, I think even it jumps if I blink or put my finger inside the nose... Definitely Lua Console is like too much sensitive! :roll:
Touched

Post by Touched »

I searched for this to see if there was a solution, because I'm having this problem constantly now that I'm working with Actions. Same situation -- I create a new action, I go to frame 1, and start moving points around. If I use the mouse to move the points, no errors. But if I use Ctrl-arrow to nudge the points, I get a big stream of "Creating objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results". Also happens if I hit Ctrl-Z for undo, or if I try to use the menus (i.e. File, Edit, Draw, etc.)

Using WinXP here, running Anime Studio. No embedded scripts.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If doing this still works even after getting the error... meaning if you use the nudge key and stuff still nudges after the lua console pops up...

I suppose the "print(error)" could be commented out somewhere... depends on where it's happening though... might be in all the tools scripts or something to do with actions.

I'll take a quick look when I have time... like... while I'm eating a sandwich or something. ;)

-vern
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Crashcore scripts by user macton (see here) have this annoying error printing feature built into them. After I recognized where the Lua console message came from during Actions, I removed the print messages in the IsEnabled member functions of all the CrashCore scripts.

Code: Select all

function CC_COPY_SELECTED_CURVE:IsEnabled(moho)
    if (moho.layer:CurrentAction() ~= "") then
        print ("Error: Creating new objects in the middle of an action can lead to unexpected results")
        print ("Stop all actions and restart the script.")
        return false 
    end
    return true
end
turns into

Code: Select all

function CC_COPY_SELECTED_CURVE:IsEnabled(moho)
    if (moho.layer:CurrentAction() ~= "") then
        return false 
    end
    return true
end
Etc.

This simply means that these menu scripts do not run if any actions are active, without the error message being printed in the Lua console. I guess that is what most animators prefer.
Touched

Post by Touched »

Yeah, the stuff still nudges, and the menus still come up, just after it's printed out the cascade of that message. So it's not preventing anything, just causing a slight slowdown and annoyance, though the annoyance is remedied by leaving the Lua console open and moving it as far offscreen as possible.

I think if just the nudge and the Undo were fixed, that would eliminate 95% of the time it would happen for me. I don't need to access the menus often while working on an action.