straight edged illustrator files import.

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Pixamir'al

straight edged illustrator files import.

Post by Pixamir'al »

First message in this lovely forum, Hi everybody (and by the way don’t expect me to be a great English speaker coz in my country, our second language is French ;) )
I’ve been using that excellent Moho software for 2 months (but no official animation for the moment), but I must say that Illustrator’s files import is not so accurate because of all these damn rounded edges that we got
But there’s a very good solution for that (I don’t know if others have discovered this trick), well…
When your “drawing” in Illustrator is finished, the first thing to do is to…export it in .WMF format.
Re-open that .WMF in Illustrator, then re-save it as an Illustrator file (8 or earlier versions in “compatibility”) and remember not to not add gradients, only simple fills!
When imported in Moho, all the “pen-made” straight edges remain as they are!

Peace!
box

Post by box »

Hi pixadmiral! Since importing illustator is a hot topic here, I tried your method. You are right, there are no curves where they should not be. In fact, there are no curves at all! Curves are transformed into small straight segments with hundrets of points.
Somehow the appearance may be conserved better, but especially when you want to animate these shapes or, worse, want to export to flash, you will get lost.
I am afraid that the best method yet is: export backgrounds etc. into png files (as long as you do not intend to zoom in too far) and draw every animated shapes directly in moho.