Tablet Multitouch doesn't work

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Noisefever

Tablet Multitouch doesn't work

Post by Noisefever »

Hello!

I have a convertible notebook (a Sony Vaio Multiflip) with Windows 10, like the Microsoft Surface. Lately I read in the manual that there are multi touch gestures. But the only one that works for me is the workspace zoom (which is related to the mouse wheel and handled by windows). All the other gestures (layer rotate and so on) don't work. But they work in other software, like Clip Studio Paint and so on.

Up to now the tech support isn't able to help me. So I ask here for help: if you have a Windows tablet, what's your experiences with it? The tech support said I have possibly to install a Wacom Emulator Driver but I can't find one. Do anyone know where to find that driver?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
Greenlaw

Re: Tablet Multitouch doesn't work

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Daniel,

I'm using a Cintiq Companion 2, which is a tablet computer made by Wacom. I'm not sure why multi-touch is not working properly on your computer but, IMO, multi-touch in Moho isn't quite ready to use even on a Wacom device.

The main issue is that it's a bit uncontrollable compared to say, how it works in Clip Studio Paint. As you already know, in CSP, each multi-touch gesture controls specific modes so you can easily position the display exactly the way you need it. However, with Moho's multi-touch, all the transform modes are controlled simultaneously--this might sound good in theory but in practice it feels chaotic and gets in the way of navigating the screen with precision. Also, when you're drawing with multi-touch enabled, Moho immediately goes into object transform mode after each stroke is drawn and begins distorting your drawing. As you might imagine, this gets maddening when all you want to do is draw.

Fortunately, the developers are very aware of these issues and they're working very hard to improve multi-touch for a future release. (I can't wait! :D )

In the meantime, I recommend leaving multi-touch off. Since you seem to like CSP's multi-touch, I think you'll find the current Moho implementation dissatisfying.

As for making Moho's multi-touch work with non-Wacom devices, I know there are a few Surface Pro users here. Maybe they can suggest something.
Noisefever

Post by Noisefever »

@Greenlaw: Thank you for your reply!

Nobody apart from me and Greenlaw is using a windows tablet!?
mattchee

Post by mattchee »

I use a Surface Pro 3, but I don't use the multi-touch features... so I don't have much to add. Honestly the way I work, I use a bluetooth mouse most of the time, and just use the tablet for drawing.
Noisefever

Post by Noisefever »

okay, thank you anyway!