Disappointing expensive Moho 12 Update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

exile

Re: Disappointing expensive Moho 12 Update

Post by exile »

synthsin75 wrote:
exile wrote:A new special offer reached me today. Could it be ... ? When I went to the page, it was exactly the same offer as last month - $199 for an upgrade from AS 11. With the same "bonus" of $100 worth of Content. I have a suggestion. I can do without the content. so just take the $100 off the upgrade price. If you can't do better than duplicate the old offer, don't bother to mail "special offers" to me any more.
Unsubscribe if you don't want offers sent to you.
If you had read my post properly, you would have seen the conditional sentence. They are welcome to send me a better offer. You seem to get angry at anyone who expresses criticism of Smith Micro's policies.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

exile wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:
exile wrote:A new special offer reached me today. Could it be ... ? When I went to the page, it was exactly the same offer as last month - $199 for an upgrade from AS 11. With the same "bonus" of $100 worth of Content. I have a suggestion. I can do without the content. so just take the $100 off the upgrade price. If you can't do better than duplicate the old offer, don't bother to mail "special offers" to me any more.
Unsubscribe if you don't want offers sent to you.
If you had read my post properly, you would have seen the conditional sentence. They are welcome to send me a better offer. You seem to get angry at anyone who expresses criticism of Smith Micro's policies.
Email subscriptions are an all or nothing deal. So regardless what you may wish, those are your only options. How is stating a simple fact "angry"? Sounds like you are projecting.
exile

Post by exile »

synthsin75 wrote: Unsubscribe if you don't want offers sent to you.
exile wrote: If you had read my post properly, you would have seen the conditional sentence. They are welcome to send me a better offer. You seem to get angry at anyone who expresses criticism of Smith Micro's policies.
synthsin75 wrote: Email subscriptions are an all or nothing deal. So regardless what you may wish, those are your only options. How is stating a simple fact "angry"? Sounds like you are projecting.
This is a circular argument. You're the one who first said unsubscribe and who now says I can't make a selective choice. I never contested that. My whole point is that the supposed offer was a joke. My second point is that your answer was needlessly aggressive and unfriendly. I notice in other threads that you're very quick to jump in when someone makes a critical comment.
Steve

poach

Post by poach »

I stand with you, <exile>!

Judging by previous posts here, synthsin75 seems like a Smith Micro embed to me. He/She throws in these rehearsed, supervised, stinging, cooperate one-liners that insult customer's intelligence. I have observed it but kept quite all these while. Go ahead corporate shill, ...defend your master. The rest of us will continue to express our outrage and disappointment. Deal with it.
Last edited by poach on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

poach wrote:I stand with you, <exile>!

Judging by previous posts here, synthsin75 seems like a Smith Micro embed to me. Go ahead corporate shill, ...defend your master. The rest of us will continue to express our outrage and disappointment. Deal with it.
This is unpleasant and uncalled for. Synthsin is very generous with his time and experience, and has helped scores, maybe hundreds of users over the years. I can't believe someone with 6 posts to his name is shouting the odds like this...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
poach

Post by poach »

jahnocli wrote: This is unpleasant and uncalled for. Synthsin is very generous with his time and experience, and has helped scores, maybe hundreds of users over the years. I can't believe someone with 6 posts to his name is shouting the odds like this...
Lol! Six posts to his name? Lol! How do you even know I am a "He"? And this is coming from someone with 2974 trash, fan boy posts to their name? Unlike you, I am not paid to post here. I am not here for a childish, piss contest with you. OK? So you have 10 million posts. So what? It doesn't make you credible on any subject matter whatsoever. It just proves your obnoxious, loud, sense of entitlement. Because you are the loudest does not make you the strongest. This is 2016 and there is no place for bullies like you any more in a civilized society. The world has moved forward and left you behind. People that have tangible things to say have written books and produced educational material. I have been on this forum since Sunday Sep 05, 2004 11:01 pm. 2004. That is 12 years old on this forum. 12 years son! Since from when you were in diapers. So, BEAT IT! You don't know me Dude and I don't need your permission to express myself. Alright? Better believe that!

If synthsin75 has helped you in the past, then good for you. That does not give him (or you for that matter) the right to put down legitimate complaints from others. The little, slick, sarcastic response to <exile> was uncalled for and YOU know it. Yes, you know what I'm talking about, but you would rather attack my number of posts instead. And the insults and insecurities continue! Lol. That is what this forum has become. A bunch of corporate shill, coward, fan boys! Look at this thread. Look at it! 8 pages so far. Full of disgruntled customers. And what does, (what's his name) suggest? He suggests that a legitimate disgruntled customer should just simply "unsubscribe" from emails. Unsubscribe? Just like that? A faithful customer of over 4 years should just unsubscribe?

Is Smith Micro now in the business of loosing customers?
Last edited by poach on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
poach

Post by poach »

Next, they'll ban me from the forum for being outspoken.

.... Let's see how long that takes.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

exile wrote:
synthsin75 wrote: Email subscriptions are an all or nothing deal. So regardless what you may wish, those are your only options. How is stating a simple fact "angry"? Sounds like you are projecting.
This is a circular argument. You're the one who first said unsubscribe and who now says I can't make a selective choice. I never contested that. My whole point is that the supposed offer was a joke. My second point is that your answer was needlessly aggressive and unfriendly. I notice in other threads that you're very quick to jump in when someone makes a critical comment.
Your opinion of the offer is just that...an opinion. I merely stated a fact. I don't see how that can be called aggressive. And I am just as free to express my opinion as you are yours. So that opinion conflicts with yours...that doesn't make it aggressive or angry. You might be angry that someone disagrees with you, but that's your problem.

I have said, repeatedly, that I understand people not being able to afford the new version. I just think those people should be patient and wait for one of the annual SM sales. Hell, by that time they may have released the first bug fix update. Win win.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I would like to say something here .
I think the people who are complaining about the update price may have a valid point, as do those who disagree. They should all be allowed to speak out without reproach ( as long as we can remain civilised).
I would also like to defend Synthsin, he may be standing up for the Smith Micro pricing policy but he is also very helpful to anyone needing assistance and is no 'stooge' , just enthusiastic and really a champion on this forum.

Maybe if we just know that are point has been made and needs no correcting from either side of this argument, then maybe the numbers of people stating each side could be more valuable than their volume?

How about a poll?

(Edited to fix numerlicious typos) :roll:
Last edited by chucky on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

My uncalled two cents:
I agre that synthsin75's "unsubscribe the mails" remark sounded a bit harsh. My first tought was also : "ugh, not nice here...".
Looked at it from a distance and after a nights sleep, I have to agree that it was just a neutral fact and therefore, we should calm down.

synthsin75 has also helped me more than one time.

Back to subject: I will just wait for a promotion and then keep up with Moho12. Until then I still have plenty to discover in newly purchased Anime11
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

poach wrote:
jahnocli wrote: This is unpleasant and uncalled for. Synthsin is very generous with his time and experience, and has helped scores, maybe hundreds of users over the years. I can't believe someone with 6 posts to his name is shouting the odds like this...
Lol! Six posts to his name? Lol! How do you even know I am a "He"? And this is coming from someone with 2974 trash, fan boy posts to their name? Unlike you, I am not paid to post here. I am not here for a childish, piss contest with you. OK? So you have 10 million posts. So what? It doesn't make you credible on any subject matter whatsoever. It just proves your obnoxious, loud, sense of entitlement. Because you are the loudest does not make you the strongest. This is 2016 and there is no place for bullies like you any more in a civilized society. The world has moved forward and left you behind. People that have tangible things to say have written books and produced educational material. I have been on this forum since Sunday Sep 05, 2004 11:01 pm. 2004. That is 12 years old on this forum. 12 years son! Since from when you were in diapers. So, BEAT IT! You don't know me Dude and I don't need your permission to express myself. Alright? Better believe that!

If synthsin75 has helped you in the past, then good for you. That does not give him (or you for that matter) the right to put down legitimate complaints from others. The little, slick, sarcastic response to <exile> was uncalled for and YOU know it. Yes, you know what I'm talking about, but you would rather attack my number of posts instead. And the insults and insecurities continue! Lol. That is what this forum has become. A bunch of corporate shill, coward, fan boys! Look at this thread. Look at it! 8 pages so far. Full of disgruntled customers. And what does, (what's his name) suggest? He suggests that a legitimate disgruntled customer should just simply "unsubscribe" from emails. Unsubscribe? Just like that? A faithful customer of over 4 years should just unsubscribe?

Is Smith Micro now in the business of loosing customers?
12 years on the forum and 6 posts? Judging by this ill-informed rant, I guess we are all lucky that you have shown such restraint over the years.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
poach

Post by poach »

jahnocli wrote: 12 years on the forum and 6 posts? Judging by this ill-informed rant, I guess we are all lucky that you have shown such restraint over the years.
Lol! Over 2000 fanboy posts on this forum? Get a life. Unlike you I get paid to make better use of my time. Judging by this timid one liner, I guess we are all lucky you will show more restraint and respect in coming years.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hi Poach, it doesn't matter that people disagree with you, as you said many others did agree with you, there's no need to TRY and get banned for turning this into a flame war, it really distracts from your argument and isn't a good look.

The SM people do take this stuff seriously and probably are watching this thread , so make your words count.

I know it is not fun to be in your shoes and have your point of view belittled, just try and bear it for now , you are right , no one here knows you and you remain enigmatic by having less posts, so you don't need to take any of this personally.
For the record I sometimes DO get paid by Smith Micro for content packs and the like, but never my opinion , people here are free to say what they like - just try to rise above any immaturity that you might perceive from others, rather than exacerbating it eh? You will feel better for it. :)
BTW these 'fanboys' do not just agree with everything and will often make suggestions that go against the Smith Micro 'grain' a little ( not on this occasion, however) and they can have a fair influence by posing well considered alternative suggestions. You words might weild more weight if you worry less about what they say and more about what you say.
I hope that didn't sound like a lecture, take it easy OK? 8)
exile

Post by exile »

I have to say I'm taken aback by the explosion of attack and counter-attack that my mild complaint started.

For some reason, SM names the price in e-mails for Poser, but not for Moho. The offers for Manga Studio/Paint don't even mention the version - I have to follow the link to find out it's still the version I've had for over a year. Instead of making the Anime Studio customer's mouth water with a mail about a "new offer" that turns out to be identical with the old one, they could include the price in the mail to avoid misunderstandings and disappointments. You can agree or disagree with me about this.

Telling me to unsubscribe if I don't like the mails is not a statement of fact. It is a demand to like it or lump it which I still find unwarranted and disrespectful. The fact that any customer can unsubscribe utterly disregards what I was saying. However, I'm not going to hold an eternal grudge and fan the flames any further.

Everyone is free to follow their own path - at the moment I'm holding out for a better offer and trying out alternative software in the meantime. One of the good things about this forum is that there is a whole board devoted to other software.

The idea of a poll is interesting. I think there is a poll going on right now: the sales of Moho 12. However, I don't expect SM to publish those statistics. If Moho ends up as an open source project, we'll know what happened.
Steve

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

exile wrote:Telling me to unsubscribe if I don't like the mails is not a statement of fact. It is a demand to like it or lump it which I still find unwarranted and disrespectful. The fact that any customer can unsubscribe utterly disregards what I was saying.
What exactly do you expect to happen? For SM to quit trying to sale Moho because a vocal few don't like the price? You may not like the current deal, but would you also deprive others of such deals? Have you ever seen an email subscription that let you tailor it to offers within a specific price range? I haven't. And even if they did, you'd miss any possible bundle deals with other software you may be interested in, because your price range (on a per software basis) was too low. So it wouldn't make much sense for any company to provide such an option, as it would greatly reduce the effectiveness of their advertising.

So what else might you expect to happen? Do you think they will break under this sort of internet vitriol and lower the price? That is a dangerous thing for any company to do, because it invites constant vitriol rewarded by lower prices. Companies want to stop bad PR, not incentivize it.

So while I understand, I'm just not sure what you hope to achieve by ranting at anyone who suggests a modicum of patience.
If Moho ends up as an open source project, we'll know what happened.
That might have happened while Mike Clifton still owned the rights, but since SM now does, it's much more likely to be sold off to a company no where near as interested in developing regular updates and improvements.