My Short Story Made By Anime Studio

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nthuan22

My Short Story Made By Anime Studio

Post by nthuan22 »

Hi,
i recently made a animated story about a guy who was broken up by his girl friend because o his old-cheap car.
Please watch and let me know what I can do to improve my video..
Thank you so much.
strider2000

Re: My Short Story Made By Anime Studio

Post by strider2000 »

Hi nthuan22,
Nice animation. The most obvious suggestion I have is that on your head turn for the main character, make sure the hair line turns with the head. Look at you head turning in the mirror and note how your hair line turns with your head. If you make that change I think it will make a big difference.

I also did notice that the steering wheel seems to move left to right in the red car. That seems to be a mistake. In the white car the bouncing feel seemed to add character, but since only the steering wheel seems to move in the red car it seemed off to me.

The final thing I'd encourage is to think about the length relative to the audience. If it's just for fun then the length is fine. However, it seems to be a car commercial for carmundi. If that's the case you may want to shorten it to 30 or 60 seconds.

Good work. I think the ideas are communicated well no matter what language they speak :)
nthuan22

Post by nthuan22 »

Thank you so much, I might change the hair movement 1st.
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

Very nice. I'm still new to filmmaking and animation myself. For me, the background in the first 40 seconds of the film is nice but may need to be turned down a bit. It seemed like the character was lost in that background sometimes because he blended so well with the colors and boldness. In other words the background's boldness was competing with the character. Maybe just turning down the opacity of the background layer. I loved the film.
nthuan22

Post by nthuan22 »

ThatsNotAllFolks wrote:Very nice. I'm still new to filmmaking and animation myself. For me, the background in the first 40 seconds of the film is nice but may need to be turned down a bit. It seemed like the character was lost in that background sometimes because he blended so well with the colors and boldness. In other words the background's boldness was competing with the character. Maybe just turning down the opacity of the background layer. I loved the film.
Did you mean the background makes the character hard to see? Or it makes character less attractive?
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

nthuan22 wrote:
ThatsNotAllFolks wrote:Very nice. I'm still new to filmmaking and animation myself. For me, the background in the first 40 seconds of the film is nice but may need to be turned down a bit. It seemed like the character was lost in that background sometimes because he blended so well with the colors and boldness. In other words the background's boldness was competing with the character. Maybe just turning down the opacity of the background layer. I loved the film.
Did you mean the background makes the character hard to see? Or it makes character less attractive?
It just makes it harder to see. The backgrounds are all beautiful and the characters are excellent too. For me, its just a color vibrance issue. It would be easier to focus on your characters more if the backgrounds were not so bright with color. just go into the background layer control panel and reduce the opacity to 75% or something like that. That would turn down the brilliance of those colors so as not to steal your viewers eyes away from the characters.

I think your short is good. And I may be way off on my critique but it is just a suggestion. I barely know what I'm talking about as a filmmaker, so I speak to you as your audience. Nice short though.
nthuan22

Post by nthuan22 »

ThatsNotAllFolks wrote:
nthuan22 wrote:
It just makes it harder to see. The backgrounds are all beautiful and the characters are excellent too. For me, its just a color vibrance issue. It would be easier to focus on your characters more if the backgrounds were not so bright with color. just go into the background layer control panel and reduce the opacity to 75% or something like that. That would turn down the brilliance of those colors so as not to steal your viewers eyes away from the characters.

I think your short is good. And I may be way off on my critique but it is just a suggestion. I barely know what I'm talking about as a filmmaker, so I speak to you as your audience. Nice short though.
Thank you so much, you made me feel motivated :))