Images lost in export (5.3 bug?)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Images lost in export (5.3 bug?)

Post by rylleman »

With 5.3 I'm experiencing some weird stuff when exporting animation, image layers seems to be lost and I get the broken image icon for some images in my exports.
If I do still renders everything looks ok, same if I do a short render of a portion of the scene, 50-100fr, nothing missing then.
But when I do a full render, 4-500 fr. suddenly Moho doesn't find some images.
I haven't experienced this in earlier version which makes me think it has something to do with 5.3 (You did fix a lot with the render for that version LM), unfortunately I can't open the scene in an older version of Moho so I can test it there.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry, I haven't seen this problem - can you tell me a little more?

This is the same file, right? You're just rendering either a short section, or a longer section of the same file with the same images?

When the images disappear, do they show up for the first few frames and then disappear, or do they never show up in that rendering at all?

Can you post a link to your files (.moho file and image files)? Or, send them to support@lostmarble.com?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Yes, it's all the same file I'm talking about, just different lenght of renders.
It's a long, 700fr., quasi-3D dolly/zoom/pan scene with a lot of large images.
The images not showing up are never shown in the long render, they get a broken image icon at their first appearance.

It's behaving like this on both my systems, one Intel laptop with winXP and one AMD stationary with winXP.
I tested rendering to QT S3 full/half and AVID-DV.

The scene is a bit large to send, over 200megs with all the images, can you recieve that kind of sizes? (I don't have that much space on my server to upload them.)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

rylleman wrote:The scene is a bit large to send, over 200megs with all the images, can you recieve that kind of sizes? (I don't have that much space on my server to upload them.)
No, I doubt I could receive that by email. With a file that big, you might think memory could become a limitation, but I wouldn't expect much of a difference between rendering a few frames vs. rendering the whole thing.

I know this isn't an ideal solution, but can you render out several smaller chunks and then re-assemble them in a video editor?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Lost Marble wrote:No, I doubt I could receive that by email. With a file that big, you might think memory could become a limitation, but I wouldn't expect much of a difference between rendering a few frames vs. rendering the whole thing.
Yea, I'm thinking it may have something to do with memory as well.
I'll try to come up with a file transfer solution, I might even send you a CD.
I know this isn't an ideal solution, but can you render out several smaller chunks and then re-assemble them in a video editor?
I'm using that solution right now as a work around.