Improved Rendering - coming soon

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

My vote goes for the default to be "off".

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I think "off" would be default setting.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

LOSTMARBLE this really is a damn good piece of work!
I appreciate this.
The rendering quality always was a "hot spot" but now it seems you *perfectly* improved this!

Much respect for this! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (very special moment in my "moho life")
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Uf... After I've tried uncheck it I must to take out this again --> :mrgreen: ...Definitely I LOVE "Off" and I think (well, maybe I must try it more, but well...) never, or very few times at least, will miss "On" :) ...Anyway the Preferences Option is the best way to content all of us and with it, the final decision, if default or not, doesn't worry too much :roll: (I'm TOO MUCH happy to something worry to me now... :D)
Last edited by Rai López on Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jordanek

Post by jordanek »

I would prefer to have gap filling OFF by default. I'm much more likely to have small shapes that need crisp rendering than I am to have two shapes placed edge to edge.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I will be posting some before and after renders on Friday or this weekend when I have more time.

Anybody else have any before and afters to show????
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Well. I tried the file Lostmoho sent me and YES it does render as well as Flash.
I am very happy but I would vote to have gap filling off as default as I don't think I have ever designed anything that has two shapes right up next to each other and as with Jordanek I am really rather likely to have lots of small shapes. (Especially with camera moves)
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Concerning this: my votes for "gap filling" to be off by default.
Forgot to mention this in my last post.

Cheers
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

First test of Adobe Illustrator file into Moho.
Imported image, then made duplicates and resized within frame, then rendered at 640 x 480 pixels. (cropped away excess white space for image here):

click on image for larger view.

Note eyes - As image gets smaller, black pupil gets bigger or white space in eye ball gets smaller.
Also green thing on top of head seems to fill in as it gets smaller.

----------------
These changes have nothing to do with improving the importing of files from Illustrator to Moho, correct?
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Here is another view with renders from
640 x 480
320 x 240
160 x 120
all in one shot:

click to see larger view.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

ToonToonz! The KING of the tests!!! HI! :D Only a question... Are pupils and green thing shapes? In this case, if checked, you'd must cosider uncheck Gap Filling in the Vector tab options and you'll see... :)
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Ramon - glad you are checking these things out.

Here is a comparison between No Gap filling and Gap filling at 640 x 480 and 320 x 240.

640 x 480
click to see larger view

320 x 240
click to see larger view

See any difference between the gap filling and no gap filling?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...I've been checking it too and I've could see a GREAT improvement in fill renders unchecking Gap Filling, more detailed forms and even the fill can be so thin that it can DISAPPEAR! :D (never before was possible) About your image... is difficult to say to me cause the "pastel" (or low contrast) colors and the write background (a secret: I'm a little color blind person :(), but I can see differences specially in the most small figure, in the ribbon, green head thing and eyes... 8) BYE!
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Well, thanks toontoonz for your test images.

I personally prefer the pictures without gap filling, they somehow look a bit more "natural".
I don't know how to express this correctly but i think it is a better linework without gap filling.

And i can't wait for the next moho update :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

mr. blaaa wrote:And i can't wait for the next moho update :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
...YES! Specially I'm very intrigated about how brushes will be reder, the low quality brush render issue is one of the reasons for I never can use it although I want do it and, if finally it works so fine like normal line works in this RT version I'll be, ahhh... SO happy... :roll: