LOVE X LIFE - 愛X生活

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EHEBrandon

LOVE X LIFE - 愛X生活

Post by EHEBrandon »

I would like to note that I will be updating this as I go... Right now all I have to show is the title screen and the title screen is even a place holder.....

Anyways LOVE X LIFE - 愛X生活 is a visual novel I am creating with Unity and Anime Studio Pro!

Genre:

Piece of Life, Romance, Comedy, Ecchi, Action, Suspense, Puzzle, Thriller, and Gore

Story (The Story Is Still Being Developed & It Can Change As Well):

A boy who had a troubled past that ruined his youth... Which he could never get back due to the darkness that has corrupted his soul which leads him to a never ending world of suffering... Until he was adopted by this nice family that had two kids of their own.. He then started his normal life with this family and now attends public school. Where will his faith take him in life?

As the player you go through the story and have decisions to make throughout the story. You lead his faith and control what path he goes down..

Don't say its bland just yet I am trying to prevent much spoilers as possible. [;)] This story is going to have so many twist and turns and everything could have a different outcome due to the choices you make!

The only reason I am making the post this early with only a place holder main menu at the moment is because I want to post every update so you guys could see the development of this... Basically you guys will see this visual novel be built from the ground up.... I hope its not a waste I am just excited to announce this project... Cant wait to post more updates. :D

Main Menu Place Holder #1:

Concept Art Background #1 (Not Final Just Showing Off Visuals):

Character Designs

Guy Design 1:

Girl 1:

Girl 2:

Girl 3:

Last edited by EHEBrandon on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EHEBrandon

Re: LOVE X LIFE - 愛X生活

Post by EHEBrandon »

Updated nothing is final though! :D
FeeblyWeebly

Post by FeeblyWeebly »

Is the last picture (the fleshed out and colored house) done in anime studio? if so, it looks really good.
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

FeeblyWeebly wrote:Is the last picture (the fleshed out and colored house) done in anime studio? if so, it looks really good.
The only programs being used is Unity and Anime Studio Pro to make this visual novel. :)

*EDIT*
Also Photoshop and paper for concept Designs. :)
Last edited by EHEBrandon on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

This looks great! And I love that the viewer will be able to help shape the story. Looking forward to seeing more!
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

lwaxana wrote:This looks great! And I love that the viewer will be able to help shape the story. Looking forward to seeing more!
Sorry for the late reply... But yeah I got inspired after playing the CLANNAD Visual Novel. I always liked Visual Novels for that main reason so that is why I'm making one. Also I am making all the art work such as characters, backgrounds, props, designs, etc... In Anime Studio Pro 10.1 the only thing I am using Unity for is to import everything and script all the actions so it could play like a VA.. So pretty much it only comes in with the gameplay mechanics such as select option, save option, load option, next scene, text, etc...
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Cool! Will it be animated or more like a comic?
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

lwaxana wrote:Cool! Will it be animated or more like a comic?
As of right now I plan to animate all cut scenes. As for gameplay it's still depending as of right now. Say if I make it a full 2D base game it would kind of play more like a jrpg instead of a visual novel. So I will need see what would be better for the game. So say if I do decide to make a fully moveable character where you walk around and have a whole interaction system then I will simply do that and make it a jrpg. If I don't do that it will remain a visual novel. I have another project that's going to be a open world 2D jrpg but it's still in development. That project and this one are both being made in AS and Unity. But as for this I am thinking of just making it a visual novel base game and only animating cut scenes.
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

I updated and added a few character designs. :)
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Nice looking characters! Have you tried any of them on the backgrounds you created? It's fun to see this project coming together!
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

lwaxana wrote:Nice looking characters! Have you tried any of them on the backgrounds you created? It's fun to see this project coming together!
Yes I have and they blend really well. :) I draw the concepts/rough sketches in Photoshop then I trace them exactly in Anime Studio Pro 10.1 so I could animate them for cut scenes, actions, etc... I usually do the coloring in AS to as well as shading and with all that being done the characters blend in really well. I shall post more updates soon. I should probably also say that I originally had this game planned to play like other visual novels where its like a comic but now the more I'm going into development I may like to actually animate each scene and each choice since it would add that extra life to the Visual Novel which a lot of Visual Novels don't do. So right now its still in its very early stages but I will post development progress of course. :)