A Check Box for Assist Layer Visibility (or not).

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

A Check Box for Assist Layer Visibility (or not).

Post by Rai López »

When you create a layer in another frame than 0, let's say, i.e. frame 25, this Layer remains invisible until that 25 frame, and well... I know that this function can be useful and save time in some occations, but sometimes too can be a pain... Often I want quickly create a layer and don't care to the frame were I am, and then I must delete the automatically created keyframe in "Layer Visibility" channel and go to frame 0 to active visibility... I think, that a check box in Preferences window, or better in "Time Line Settings" Window, to can activate or desactivate this "Visibility Assistent" it'd be perfect to adapt the function to all the users way of work... THANKS!
macton

Re: A Check Box for Assist Layer Visibility (or not).

Post by macton »

Ramón López wrote:When you create a layer in another frame than 0, let's say, i.e. frame 25, this Layer remains invisible until that 25 frame, and well... I know that this function can be useful and save time in some occations, but sometimes too can be a pain... Often I want quickly create a layer and don't care to the frame were I am, and then I must delete the automatically created keyframe in "Layer Visibility" channel and go to frame 0 to active visibility... I think, that a check box in Preferences window, or better in "Time Line Settings" Window, to can activate or desactivate this "Visibility Assistent" it'd be perfect to adapt the function to all the users way of work... THANKS!
I've added a "Reset Layer Visibility" tool for this.
- Click on the layer and it will turn visibility ON at the current frame.
- Alt-Click on the layer and it will turn visibility ON at frame zero.
- Ctrl-Click on the layer and it will turn visibility OFF at the current frame.
- Ctrl-Alt-Click on the layer and it will turn visibility OFF at frame zero.

* Visibility keyframes that are no longer needed after the new key will be automatically deleted.

See the script page under Extras:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:shock: I've NEVER seen this before!!! THANKS macton!!! I'm going to try it right now!!! :D