ANOTHER MEMORY (music video)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

fran

ANOTHER MEMORY (music video)

Post by fran »

I've just finished this music video for http://www.miaoumusic.com
I hope you will enjoy it.
Little Yamori

Re: ANOTHER MEMORY (music video)

Post by Little Yamori »

Relaxing and sad at the same time. Wonderful film footage. If I had one thing that didn't quite sit right with me on this one, I'd have to say at times the blending of animation to the film didn't quite feel right ( this is totally subjective so if others have a different view don't mind me). I guess I would have liked the cat to have been more grey scale instead of stark, and the other birds etc... less colorful. I figure perhaps since it's the fading memories of past travels, that lends to the thin opacity of those birds, but the colors seemed strong.

But, that subjective preference aside, great work as always. Despite the European backgrounds, it still had a Japanese feel to me, maybe it was the familiar sounds (very Ryuichi Sakamoto-like).

Congrats,

LY
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Little Yamori wrote:Relaxing
This is definitely true. The music is so soothing I nearly dozed off. I don't mean that as the insult it sounds like: the music was very good and enjoyable to listen to. So much so that it near put me in a trance.

The animation is wonderful and does stand out from the actual film footage but again, it's so enjoyable to watch that it just plain didn't matter. Very well done!
~Danimal
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Inspirational!!!!

Truly a wonderful animation.

When you watch something like this, created by "another mind", you have the potential to be "transported". For a short while you can live inside someone else's head. I felt like I was in another world. The music, film, animation, it all worked together and transported me. It was truly an enjoyable experience.

The theme was clear... at least my interpretation of it seemed clear. Fantastic use of old film footage with animation. Very well done. Great job!!!

The only tiny critique I would make, and this is my OWN preference (it's in MY head not yours ;) ), I would have liked to have seen some "old film" effects on the animation compositing. Some blurring and film grain, when the main character falls into the memory. I suggest this as a stylistic choice. As I watched it, I thought maybe the "clean" animation over the old film was an intentional contrast as part of the story.

Anyway, awesome job.
exile

Post by exile »

All I can add is a short summary of what's already been said - this is a really different approach, dreamy and somewhat melancholy. The contrasts and mismatches between the animation and the "real" footage, which seemed almost less realistic than the animation, all seemed to be intentional. It evokes an unfinished story in the mind of the beholder.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
fran

Post by fran »

Hi guys!
Thank you for the comments.
I will took your advices for the next work. :wink:
It is an experimental work. The briefing was short and precise but also very poetical and surreal.
I tried to put some of my own memories in it.I shot the super 8 footage 15 years ago. that gave me the film mood.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Fran,

I just watched it a second time, and I have to say that music and the mood you created gives me this wonderful feeling of being both happy and sad at the same time. My favorite effect throughout is the disappearing ink drawings. Was that done in Anime Studio? Also, did you use After Effects at all to maintain the characters' staying in the right spot despite the motion of the camera. Nice work too near the end where the "flying whale?" goes behind the top of the building all within the film footage.

You raise the bar.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

amazing. You are an artist. I salute you.
Augustust

Post by Augustust »

Everything I can include is a short synopsis of what's as of now been said - this is a truly distinctive approach, dreamy and sort of despairing. The differentiations and bungles between the liveliness and the "genuine" footage, which appeared to be practically less sensible than the movement, all appeared to be purposeful. It brings out an unfinished story in the psyche of the onlooker.
Hier können Sie lotto kostenlos
fran

Post by fran »

Great news!
ANOTHER MEMORY has been selected at Hiroshima Animation Festival.
Cheers!
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

Very nice work! I enjoyed it very much!