AS 10 to AS9 file save?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

luckynth

AS 10 to AS9 file save?

Post by luckynth »

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum so please excuse me.

My students use AS9 and I use AS10 at home. Is there/will there be any support at all for legacy saving? I would like to be able to open their AS9 files at home, edit them, and save them so that they can work on them in AS9 again.

None of the edits I would make would involve any new features of 10, which obviously wouldn't be supported in 9.
heyvern

Re: AS 10 to AS9 file save?

Post by heyvern »

At this time there is no way to save to older versions. Would there be a way to get a copy of 9?
You may want to contact Smith Micro and ask if that would be possible considering you already bought v10.

I am working on a script that will do this but it's not finished yet and it sounds like you need this pretty quick.
luckynth

Post by luckynth »

heyvern wrote:At this time there is no way to save to older versions. Would there be a way to get a copy of 9?
You may want to contact Smith Micro and ask if that would be possible considering you already bought v10.

I am working on a script that will do this but it's not finished yet and it sounds like you need this pretty quick.
Thanks very much! I'm not in that much of a hurry, but I'm looking forward to your script. I appreciate the suggestion.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Will let everyone know when my script is finished.

One issue is that most likely the "save as v9" won't be "perfect" no matter how well it works. The resulting file may not be 100% identical to the original one. There are new features in v10 that treat things very differently. There will need to be some... er... "rounding" of values in the script that changed like stroke widths. It will probably be very subtle.

My main goal for this is to be able to save it out and have it like... 99.482% the same as the v9 file. ;)