Pixel Level Script Capabilitys;Possible?Desired??Who knows..

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Pixel Level Script Capabilitys;Possible?Desired??Who knows..

Post by Rai López »

Well, I've been readding something about Dogwaffle 3.5 thanks to the bupaje post in Other Software section and (appart of other interesting things) the plugins system based in LUA language have called my attetion specially :) ...I'll treat to explain why:
- Ejem, ejem... As Layer Blending Mode change the apparence of the final Image (modifing pixel values instead vector points or calling other Moho features) I'm thinking if don't be possible a function "similar" to Embedded Scripts for add the possibility to modify the final apparence of certain layer as a filter... I'm refering to very simple pourposes at first, in example, Mosaic Effects (for pixelate and yes, Auto-Censure :( ), Color and Level Corrections (for fogging?), B&W, Invert Colors, Noisys, Simple Distortions and Lens Effects (Mirrors, another kind of blurs...) and much more! Seems that there is SO much material still writed that make me dream :roll: ...I know that many of this things can be easily made in other final output applications, yes... but in other cases this is not easy, or even impossible, I mean, those changes that depends of the camera distance (for Fogging pourposes, i.e), or layer size (as in the Mosaic one) and I think that a little feature like this could be a good start point for open a whole new universe of possibilities in Moho too. That's all for now guys, THANKS for read me 8) and CIAO!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yes, this could open up lots of possibilities, and may happen in the future. In the meantime, you can achieve much of this by exporting as Photoshop (PSD) files. These layered files can then be batch processed in Photoshop or After Effects to achieve all kinds of interesting effects.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Happy you like the proporsal :D ...And yes, many effecs can be added in that way that you suggest, I've used AFX in a lot of experiments in the past, for things like Motion Blur, Lighting and others... the problem is, as I said above, when you want to add effects based in size, in example (only an example), I always have wanted to get a Pixelate effect for my caracters (that called Mosaic) to "simulate" videogame grafics, but if I Scale the Layer or Track Camera In or Out, the size of the Character changes, but the effect values applied in AFX are not "compensated" automatically (only if you animate the effect manually, that it'd be a horrible work) cause the effect is applied after an external transformation about AFX nothing knows... so if we could add this kind of effects directly in Moho they can be optimizated automatically without any extra work and then use AFX (or Combustion or any other) for another more "sophisticated" uses that Moho has not and never will have for knowed reasons... Well, THANKS for readme again! :)
Last edited by Rai López on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

My support sir, Ramón sir!