Fading Out Text?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Brian Lawton

Fading Out Text?

Post by Brian Lawton »

Hi All. I'm playing around with the introduction to a cartoon film and I'm wondering how can I FADE out the text just before it gets to the finished intro! ie The film title appears .... after a few seconds I want it to disappear OR fade out, can this be done in Animie? :wink:
slowtiger

Re: Fading Out Text?

Post by slowtiger »

Fade out: there's either a script in the scripts menu, or you do this by animating layer opacity by hand. Check "Allow animated layer effects" first, go to last frame and set opacity to 0, then back to first frame and set to 100%.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Waan

Post by Waan »

or if you want to fade by letter, if the text is a vector layer and not a text layer (when creating text using Cmd/Ctrl T you can select this option). Then Select each shape, use Shape selector and you can animate the opacity of the fill and line colours.
Or As Slowtiger said you can fade using the opacity settings in the layer options(compositing effects in the general tab - ensure the enable animated layer effects is selected just above this box)
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

or with a text layer, put this into a "hide all" masking group along with a masking shape that you can wipe across the text to hide or reveal it... (I've used a shape with no stroke / gradient fill from 100% to 0% opacity; "add to mask but keep invisible"; animate the masking shape points and/or fill control handle ...). If it needs to be precisely letter by letter then you could use "step" iterpolation, but a continuous wipe was all I wanted..