Help ??? Shape Future of Anime Studio & Forum

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madrobot

Re: Help ??? Shape Future of Anime Studio & Forum

Post by madrobot »

Hi Ed
How "mad" got there isn't that interesting unfortunately, I was just trying to come up with a catchy name when I registered a business name for freelancing.

I can't speak for Chuck but we were chatting about it on skype last night and the consensus as I understood it was that "bugphuck crazy wierdness" and merit are not mutually exclusive.

There's a lot of work there and you've actually DONE it which is great as far as I'm concerned. Sure it's at the pointy end of wierd art student-type work, but there's a whole lot of different stuff going on and the path from passing interest to mastery has steps in between. If this is one of those steps, that's exciting to me.

There tends to be an expectation of clarity of story and message. But there is a lot of stuff outside of that.
I'm a huge fan of Bruce Bickford and everything he has done, and he's a weirdo with little or no coherent narrative. He's not commercially successfully or celebrated in animation schools but I think he was pretty amazing. The key thing was that he sat there and did it, very prolific, and developed a (wierd) style producing a lot of stop motion and freeform 2d (hand drawn because he was old school and bodacious.) (I like parenthesis.)

People stress story and I think it's important too, but we need to acknowledge that point - they say merit is based on how clear your work is, how well it communicates clearly to people. I find it really hard and while I love the making part, when I finish something I hate myself and the work. :oops:

I like your work and I like how it's wierd, too long, and your posts explaining it read like an alien instruction manual.
If you kept it a bit shorter, more concise with a story structure that would be neat, but that's just my opinion what would I know. You're not doing it for me, it's how you express yourself so keep doing it and bravo :D
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

* Mental's *~Instant picture section

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
~~~ Thank God... a tongue..... NOT~STUCK.... up Someones arse.
Then { How "mad" got there isn't that interesting }. Name, aim, game... not interesting !
**** No playing *marbles* with *u* then, even if I get so lucky as to find some.****
-~~ F *u* Devil... " might be a *ucking Robot... but @least *its* trying to be imaginative. *Unique*?... well that's the question... is it not !
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So *obot... it is,

Thanks,
You will not know this but *u~saved* the body hag dept... another *ucking Idiot... with your reply.
NOT a JOKE~ No acid ~ & no attempt to elicit any sort of ... poor dear, *ucking Bulls squirt... either. *** Simple truth ***
Doc~ got me on body hag's meds... and body hag's watch... even as we speak. Physic~ist ? On waiting list.

Personally i think it was the *unfortunately*.... that did it, But who knows,.... plasticene , freelance and banana skins... are not that far apart... in my world (nightmare).

NOW~ how did you put *it*~ Oh yes > " the consensus as I understood it was that "bugphuck crazy wierdness" and merit are not mutually exclusive."
WELL~ I can't argue with that ! AND~ even *weirder*.... can't argue with any AND or all that think or call me Strange/nuts , *ucking in-diot or mad.
IN FACT~ i agree with them... i think... I am too.

PROBLEM~ can't find *English Tongue*... not stuck up someones arse.... Don't speak Yankees *hanky-talk* or in fact use any others *chalk-to walk-talk* either ! Stupid so I'm told... (full of imaginative weirdness~ and well worth the effort~ told too)... BUT~ given the antipathy found here... must say * I doubt it *.

REGARDS
*E* ed Too 2 to....

OH~ I know the above does not actually mention *animation* - *how-to* or any other sorry arsed idea... discounting... the idea.... that animators... **** Are attempting to animate others, including me ****
BUT~ A/s studio5,6,7,8 or 9... is a tool, not an idea.
*YOU*~ were the idea... that tool was made for, or is that something that's slipped your minds... as well ?
SO ! For what wake *eye* upon Ruddy rock ?
Muddy Minglish ~ one answer ~ crowing Cock !
chucky

Post by chucky »

I'm just going to go back and read the last couple of days posts here, I haven't been getting the alerts for some reason.
I just saw your last video on your channel so below is responding to that, roughly anyway.
Oh I didn't mind my avatar being used at all in the context that it was, it didn't look ' stolen as it was in the collage of those 'memes' -so to speak.

Anyway responding to that and the question of forum and tutorial.

It all depends what you want to do and learn.
If you have specific questions then post them.
I know what you mean by the tutes, for AS in all honesty the only reason that they are the way they are is budget and time.
The same goes for many of the members and the forum commitment .
When I see your animations, it seems to me that you are saying just what you want and effectively enough too.
This last one was simple enough to read and it makes its point with the humorous juxtaposition of images ( if a bit toilety ;p. All you really have to do is practice getting it more to your liking.
Specifics are the key at the forum, we can't all answer in video form once again cos the pressure of work just doesn't allow.
I say keep it flowing mate you certainly have managed to put a lot out in the last few days.
*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

*Mental's Instant picture section

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*alerts~ not working ! Well I had hoped that that was deliberate (for now), certainly should allow for more accurate *Comment/click count*
~~~~" in the collage of those 'memes' -so to speak." > Language that's well worth using (4 *u* do so) BUT~ just what the hell is/does *it* mean. AND~ YES ~ i know I can look it up BUT~ As I've said *English* has been so bastardise .... not even *a sane-man*... stands any chance... of being really understood, let alone *a mad-man* like me.
~~~~" I say keep it flowing mate you certainly have managed to put a lot out in the last few days." ( Still not enough *in your face*.... I see > using *Down-under-talk*)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hey Chucky,
Thanks for your *come-back* (sic)...
" Pressure of work " i get.... but only from a *rendering* & *pressure-in goal*... point of view. Lucky *u*... otherwise.

NOW~ i have been @making a follow up *tut-tuts* tut type submission, BUT~ I'm *really, REALLY* not sure... all the requests made here are not in fact.... just to attempt to out *needle-Me*.
IF HOWEVER~ still true, and I do have some ideas... Well... let it show itself... here.

Wat-thunk-*u*... people ?

REGARDS
*E* ed to 2 Too
chucky

Post by chucky »

Oh yes, Ed I think you may have asked what I meant by colour picker.
This kind of thing is something that I just google if I don't know.
Here's a couple of images I found doing just that... that explain better than a bunch of wordy words. :wink:

A typical and my favourite is the wheel based picker
I love the ability to make colour schemes as with Kuler,

but the sublime can become ridiculous....

Anyway, here's what I mean about the colour picker.

There is actually a colour design tool by our good friend M Kelley ( Ex genius :D ) from AF forums that is very much like Kuler but built into ASP as a script.
I hope it's ok that I demonstrate it here as it is still a work in progress.
Apologies if I've jumped the gun at all Mike , I'll take this down if need be.

*E* ed Too 2

Post by *E* ed Too 2 »

*Mentals instant picture section.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

AWESOME ! i had no idea, thought you were referring to the standard a/s styles palette .
~~~( Still could do with a *real* good look at that~ someone, not a tut, 4 christ sake, BUT~ a walk/talk/show type look *full U/tube 15 min* in other words.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Hey Forum,

That's one of my main grudges... and just a screen capture skill required to do it, little set up time, just thoughts.

NOT~ oh please, please...... not ......just on the bloody mono canvass, be creative. It is your claim to fame, after all.

REGARDS
*E* ed to 2 Too