Layer shading and layer blur not playing nice together

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spoon

Layer shading and layer blur not playing nice together

Post by spoon »

I posted this on the other forum, but I figured the more eyes on this the better. Here's some pics of the issue. It seems I can't have a layer blur and layer shading on the same layer in version 9 without having this issue...

ImageImageImage

I could swear I had this issue a long time ago, but can't for the life of me figure out how I got rid of it, or find any information on a bug like this. Any help or confirmation would be appreciated.

Windows7 x64
ati 5770, Driver package- 8.982-120727a-145315C-ATI
AMD Athlon II x3 440 Rana (standard clock)
4G Gskill 1300 DDR3 dual channel
chucky

Re: Layer shading and layer blur not playing nice together

Post by chucky »

Funny spoon I saw something similar today when I was using masking techniques and transparency, I started preparing a bug report and was switching blending modes to create comparisons and controls, I went back to normal blending mode, and low and behold.
The problem had gone..... can't explain it.
Maybe just try that, I can't guarantee any results , it even sounds like a long shot to me .
It's the only thing I can think of right now.
I haven't had problems in the past but I'm wary of layer shading as sometimes object near frame edges can get weird .
Imago

Post by Imago »

ASP9 can use GPU, right? It reminds me of some artifact I got using DAZ Studio and other 3D softwares.
Maybe upgrading video drivers can fix it!
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
chucky

Post by chucky »

Also turn off GPU rendering, it works best for images only.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Isn't the GPU rendering supposed to be one of the reasons for the boost in speed with ASP9?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

InfoCentral wrote:Isn't the GPU rendering supposed to be one of the reasons for the boost in speed with ASP9?
Not across the board. The GPU Acceleration in there now is laying a foundation. It works best for images and doesn't give as much improvement with vectors. So if you have a figure that is built from Photoshop layers or raster images. You should feel it more then if you have vectors only or vectors mixed in with images.
Also my understanding is it is mostly for preview performance while working on these image based scenes.
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall