Bone Tools Combination for more Quick Animation Works...

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Bone Tools Combination for more Quick Animation Works...

Post by Rai López »

...HELLO! The question: When you are in frame 0, you can rotate & "scale" a bone if you click in the peak of it with Translate Bone Tool and drag, isn't? Well... but you can't do this in another frames and, for animation purposes, I think that this could be very usefull for save time and win comodity during animation works... I'm wondered if don't would be possible modify this tool or create a new one with the combination of Rotate Bone Tool & Scale Bone Tool with the power of add keyframes in both animation channels for do it... I mean, instead have to select a Rotate Bone Tool, rotate the bone, select the Scale Bone Tool and scale the bone (and so every time for adjusting and make little changes), can do that with only one step with this new and POWERFULL tool, I think that it'd be nice... :roll: CAN BE POSSIBLE?? What do you think? Have you another ideas (or little details) for improve bone animation workflow? :arrow: Thanks...
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

If this would be possible it'd definitely be GREAT

:D
7feet

Post by 7feet »

You could try this one:
http://www.sharemation.com/Moho/ToolScr ... netool.zip

It's pretty much a hack. It's based on the regular Rotate Bone tool. But, hold <CTRL> and it calls the Scale Bone tool, <ALT> it calls the Translate Bone tool. Not very elegant, and could use a bit o' work, maybe, but there's only so much you get out of ten minutes work.

Unzip in the Moho>Scripts>Tool folder. Should help for the moment, I'll pretty it up when I can.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Thank you 7feet i will try this out cause it sounds good :D
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

this bonetool you made is great!! Thanks a lot 7Feet
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

WOW!!! I can't believe my EYES! :shock: ...A NEW 7feet SCRIPT!!! :D :D :D ...YUHOO! VIVA! ALELUYAAA!!!! :D Seems that It can save time! :) I'll try it well along this week and I say you something more... for now :arrow: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! & CIAO! :D
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I finally got back to my damn computer, and I needed that too (been thinking about it for quite a while). I kinda wish there was another key I could use for options besides the control, alt and shift, I'd have squashed some layer rotation into it, since I was doing something wierd Moho isn't really meant for but I know it better than anything else at the moment. Ah, what the hell. I decided to do a little visual fx bit for the film I did makeup on, and I needed a 3D glowing skeleton for a sort of x-ray kind of shot, and I knew I could do it in here, but damn if I didn't have to use a lot of tools to match the movements to the video! Still, I'm happy. Also did rotoscoped mattes in Moho, I don't think that was ever on the agenda. Here's a frame.

Did the compositing and light rays in After Effects, but it's mostly in Moho. Tracking mattes, the skeleton a .OBJ (lotta layers, shaded with my SOS script, blurs and layer shadows and wierd blending modesand stuff). Crazy, man, crazy.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Yeah cool man! Awesome work 7feet!

If i may ask, can you upload (if you have time and elan) some seconds so we can view this FX in motion? :D
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Yeah, can you post a brief clip? It looks cool, but it'd be cooler to see the moving fx. :-)
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Just as soon as I finish messin' with it. I have that and a few other bits of VFX and compositing to do pretty quick, Probably gonna be in the NYC Horror Film festival, and we need to lock the picture so the soundtrack can get done. But soon.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Yeeehaaaw! :wink: