New to Anime Studio pro 6

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I do own that book, and found it to be good. I mostly use it as a reference for the different settings of some of the features, so I can't say it's 100% error free. There are a bunch of really good video tutorials in the tips and techniques section of this forum and as Gilles said, ask any question you need help on. Most of us have been there and can most likely set you right.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

@ GCharb. If I'm not mistaken, Amigaman created that PDF.
LOL, yes, he did, I started to translate it to French but I get caught up in work all the time, pretty good tutorial.

I was pulling Dale's leg really! Smile
Hehe, yes I got a laugh out of that Gilles ....so did my wife :D

Promytius - I've never come across a book or manual yet that hasn't had some error in. I dare say the tutorial I created probably has errors even though I spent a LOT of time on it and checked it over and over.
All I can say is I managed to follow the Anime Studio QuickStart Guide and Manual with no problems whatsoever.
promytius

gilles

Post by promytius »

Well, of course I want free, error-free tutorials! :)
I'd also like hair, my original teeth, and some body mass back as well, but one can only hope.
I was originally looking for someone who had actually gone through the tutorials offered by the software, to comment further on its accuracy, and if it got better in the docs than it was in the first 5 pages.
However I do appreciate the other references and resources and will check them all out.
Is it fair to expect accuracy? Absolutely, free or bought - it's all about communication, which is why I'm trying to switch to images; words are just too difficult for most people (present company excepted) and grammar is all but extinct; still, one can strive...
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's finding new ways to break things.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Well, I am french speaking, and I think I manage english good nonetheless, so my guess is that it is not that bad for the rest of the world! :)

I read most of the documentation that comes with AS, I found most of it good enough for my newbie needs, I just forgo the little things that we're not 100% accurate and worked my way around them!

http://gcharb2d.blogspot.com/2011/09/sc ... cript.html

This is the lengthiest AS tutorial I have made so far, and I doubt it is 100% error free, but it is close enough!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

There is a thread dedicated to documenting errors in the manual:

Issues with the Manual? Report here

It's a sticky in the Feature Request Discussions. A forum member named Mozbo posted quite a few, but overall participation has been almost nil. Perhaps you could post your findings there to help other new users?
promytius

Post by promytius »

Thank you, neetersguy, I will do that. Also thank you all for your comments; I'l give the documentation another go, and check out the tutorials.
If there's one thing I'm good at, it's finding new ways to break things.