Playing with some v5 features

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

myles

Playing with some v5 features

Post by myles »

Hmm, I wonder if this should be in the "Share your work" section instead. I'll try and keep it on topic:

Short test of several v5 features.
http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~myle ... allaby.mov (about 80 kB)
and another version at
http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~myle ... allaby.swf (about 45 kB)

The character was put together using the Displace Bone tool and some Bone Strength scaling.

All character movements (blinks, ear twitch, tail twitch, jump) are separate actions with a reference inserted in the main timeline.

The ears during the jump are animated purely by bone dynamics.
I tried doing the tail this way too, but the 3-bone chain writhed like a snake, so I animated it manually instead - obviously I need to play some more with that area.

Nothing fancy about the arrow, except for using the new arrow tool.

And just for the sake of it, the Quicktime version uses note layers for the text.

The .moho file is also available if you want a look:
http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~myle ... llaby.moho (about 250 kB)

Regards, Myles.
Edgar Castelo

Post by Edgar Castelo »

As for bones dancing like mad, I foud out that either ticking an involved bone without really moving it, or playing the preview a few times, can sometimes reduce that .

Does that work with you?
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

When I experimented with the Bone Strength the first time it played I got a severely spasctic character and the second time it responded correctly. This happened every time, seems that the motion prediction needs a reference point (keyframe) or else it goes crazy.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

nobudget wrote:When I experimented with the Bone Strength the first time it played I got a severely spasctic character...
Did you actually mean bone dynamics? The bone strength setting shouldn't add any kind of automatic movement to your character.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Acutally, I've had this problem without dynamics. I had a character with locked feet and it ended up tapdancing! I originally created the scene in V4 and didnt seem to have the same problem. It still existed even when I tried to key all the bones. I eventually ended up re animating without locking. Very tedious.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, if anyone has a file like that handy, please email it to support@lostmarble.com