Need Feedback on Character

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kedric

Need Feedback on Character

Post by Kedric »

Can I get some feedback on a character I have been working on. I need this animation to look as professional as I can. Any suggesstions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cWqg1U54k

I know he spins the wrong direction. :-)

The background does not match the animation - I know. I just used it to give some movement to the character.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

The run needs work. Make the legs and arms movement much faster, put up and downs to be body to give him weight, it is static during all the run. The hand at the end is wrong, check when he indicates (also move the body down and up during that movement, that will help to the acting too).
Overall, the whole animation needs to be faster. I don't know if the motion blur really works for this animation, maybe adding flying grass and cartoony dust could give a better velocity sensation. Try to anticipate more the jump and the break, don't be afraid to put one keyframe on a frame and other close in the next frame, some movements works much better when you key them frame by frame.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

Rigged animation supervisor: My father's dragon, Wolfwalkers & Star Wars Visions "Screecher's Reach"
My personal Youtube Channel
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

Selgin,

Thanks!

By saying the legs and arm movements need to go faster, I think you mean the run cycle. That is an easy fix. I will get started on that right away. I will also work on the up and down movements on the body.

What do you mean by - "the hand is wrong"? I think you mean the fingers are not from the right hand. That's because I have not made one of the hands yet . . . I have just copied and reversed the one hand I have made.

Moving the body down and up when he points . . . that's a good idea. Thanks!

The motion blur is something that is used in the Sonic the Hedgehog series when sonic is running quickly. Is there a way I could keep it but make it fit this animation better?
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Hi Kedric. Selgin's comment "hand is wrong" - I can see he is referring to the hand being backwards - unless he is meant to be point with his pinky finger :) Actually by the look of it, both hands are on backwards.

Definitely need to speed up limb movement like Selgin says, and second the suggestion to add some additional movement in scenery to give a sense of speed.