White outline upon distance

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ObscurityN

White outline upon distance

Post by ObscurityN »

When i move an object away (scale it down) or zoom the camera away, i get a white outline. when i zoom in or scale it in, it's regularly colored. Will edit this post with the video when it's done uploading on youtube.
Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoddkJh9JTc

Notice the white outline until it's zoomed in. Never had a problem with this on the other versions. This is AS8
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Seems to me you have an anti aliasing problem.

I usually get rid of those by rendering larger files then scaling them down in another software.

Virtualdub has a great size algorithm, it might solve the problem!
ObscurityN

Post by ObscurityN »

GCharb wrote:Seems to me you have an anti aliasing problem.

I usually get rid of those by rendering larger files then scaling them down in another software.

Virtualdub has a great size algorithm, it might solve the problem!
When i search virtualdub, i get this:
http://www.virtualdub.org/

That basically says it's a video capture? Is that the right one? I'm guessing i just render it with that plugin?

By the way, he's the odd thing, the only one that doesn't white out is the part around the gun's body where the trigger lies. Even characters i create have this. Annoying part is that i can't create anything with these annoying lines.

I can't render them separately either because it'll be literally just pieces. The gun was made with layers put in a group. Same result whether it's images or video format.

Edit: And thanks for the reply
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Quote from the site.

VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms

And yes this is it! :)

You import your video in it, then go under video/filters/add, then select resize, choose lanczos3 under filter mode, as it gives the best results for resizing.

You can import avi, mpg and image sequences.

Uncompressed avi work best.

Then you set compression for video and sound, if any.

Then save as avi.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Post the anme file and let us take a look at it.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
ObscurityN

Post by ObscurityN »

You import your video in it
lol? See, the problem is, i would have to resize all the characters as well and i'd be better just animating from Sony Vegas Pro which IS possible. I can just resize in sony vegas pro and make the background transparent with chromer key but the problem is i would have to do this for every object and every scene as well as every layer.

oh and i added a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3c78vc1ic66c2ce

Edit: and stbu or whatever, your animations are awesome. just clicked your youtube and subbed :P
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

You have a white fill color underneat your black color for the head, the gun body and cock.

I fixed it for ya.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqk9375bmi43jpe
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Yep, what GCharb said.

That video you commented on, If you look close at the kids on the bus you can see one of them have the same white outline. It was my 1st animation and I never noticed it. Just delete the shape, not the vector, and create a new shape with the color/s you want.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
ObscurityN

Post by ObscurityN »

Thanks dude, you didn't have the fix the guy, he was just a model test for bone rigging...

Erm.. I don't follow. White Fill underneath my black color for the head as well as the cock and body?? My fill was the black color. How do i have both fills? Mind elaborating?

O_O and really, thanks.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

LOL, easy to check this out.

Open the file, select the select shape tool (Q), then click on the fill of your gun body, then press the del key, you will end-up with a white fill.

Select the white fill with the select shape tool then press delete, you will have an empty shape.

You can add fills in many ways, you just added your black fill on top of the default white fill.

This is why I always trace with auto fill off, so that does not happen.

If you trace with auto-fill on, after you closed your shape, you need to use the select shape tool to select your default white fill then change it, or you setup a color for your fill before you trace a shape, so the right color is applied when you close the shape.
ObscurityN

Post by ObscurityN »

GCharb wrote:LOL, easy to check this out.

Open the file, select the select shape tool (Q), then click on the fill of your gun body, then press the del key, you will end-up with a white fill.

Select the white fill with the select shape tool then press delete, you will have an empty shape.

You can add fills in many ways, you just added your black fill on top of the default white fill.

This is why I always trace with auto fill off, so that does not happen.

If you trace with auto-fill on, after you closed your shape, you need to use the select shape tool to select your default white fill then change it, or you setup a color for your fill before you trace a shape, so the right color is applied when you close the shape.
Thanks! Couldn't ask for anymore help :D
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

guitaryf wrote:Pretty post. I just found your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your posts.In any coach handbagscase I'll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon
If you mean my blog, I regularly post on it, like yesterday I posted a new masking tutorial and more on the way.

I don't always post on the forum, so subscribing will keep you posted on any new articles.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

LOL, just clicked the coach handbag link, just responded to a spammer! :)