Animation to Action?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Animation to Action?

Post by DK »

Hi.
IS it be possible to write a script that can convert all the keyframes on a Bone Layers/Layers animation into an Action?

Or

Is there a another way to achieve this?

I have a lot of cyclic animations using the same bone structure I would like to save out as Actions for easy accessibility.

Cheers
D.K
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Was it Mike Kelley from the animators forum who wrote a save/load script for animation?

Might do the trick for you!
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Rudiger has a script for sale at Content Paradise that does just that. I've only done a few tests with it and it seems to work very well. here's the link to the script.

http://www.contentparadise.com/productD ... x?id=18107
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Guys.
Many thanks for your help. :)

Cheers
D.K
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

I think GCharb is talking about PonySmasher's Load/Save Bone script that Mike Kelley later incorporated into his Swiss Army Tool.

Heyvern has a similar script, which he gives the link to in the same thread.

The main difference between these and my script, is my script works on every animation channel, not just bone animation and you don't need to name the bones, they just need to be in the same order.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Rudiger.
Ahhh....I understand what you are saying. Verns load save animation script is;nt too bad. I use it all the time but the thought had'nt crossed my mind to load the animations into the Actions layer...duh :oops:

Rudiger.....I might give your script go

Thanks heaps
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Rudiger.
I purchased your rt_Import_animation_v1.1 script and it does'nt appear to work with AS 5.6.

I get this error message:

Code: Select all

...o Pro\scripts\menu\Animations\rt_import_animation.lua:382: attempt to call method"loadDocument"(a nil value)
D.K
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

DK wrote:Hi Rudiger.
I purchased your rt_Import_animation_v1.1 script and it does'nt appear to work with AS 5.6.

I get this error message:

Code: Select all

...o Pro\scripts\menu\Animations\rt_import_animation.lua:382: attempt to call method"loadDocument"(a nil value)
D.K
Yes, I'm afraid it only works with version 6.2 and above. I didn't realise you were still running 5.6. I'm sure you would be able to get a refund from Content Paradise.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Rudiger. No probs. I have all versions of AS being a Beta tester but I just prefer to use AS 5.6. I can use Verns script for 5.6 if I want to. I just wanted to see how yours worked.

I Just tried it in AS8 and it works well.

Cheers
D.K
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

OK, cool. If I thought there was a big enough demand for it, I could support 5.6 by making it get the channel information from the anme file directly, but there doesn't seem to be that big a demand for the current version, even though most people would have version 6 or later.
Breinmeester

Post by Breinmeester »

Your script is a life saver for big projects with multiple animators working with the same rigs, Rudiger! Even if demand is low, your work is still very much appreciated!!!