3d bones

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

3d bones

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i work with 3d objects and bones. it's works well to make somebody to walk or something like this.
http://selgin.100megas.com/prueba4.WMV
but when the movement isn't symple, like, for example, touch each others hands, the bones doesn't works. (i mind that the bone works in x, y and z)

could be?
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Your videos never work with my Windows XP computer.
Have you tried uploading your videos to
www.zippyvideos.com ???
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

thanks.
i'm trying to upload a 400kb video now.
if this work, i'll put the link.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HI! ...Everybody will say you that bones in Moho NEVER will works in 3D like you (and I) would hope... But I ever say that in several situations would be the best and easy way to resolve an animation...I know the complication of add a 3th dimension in this 2D program, but an option in Bone/Switch layers to can choose beetwen one or other, it'd be a GREAT solution that no bother to anybody (I think) ...CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

this it work?
Yes, it works! Correct English is "does this work?", but hey, your English is already better than my Spanish!...

J
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Was the test anination made with MOHO? I think you did very good work.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

("dis" suena parecido a "das". me confundí. perdón.
quería decir antes, en todo caso, que huesos podrían girarse en todos los ejes. o que existiera algo como un layer de huesos especiales para usar en 3d, no sé)

thanks.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The problem with 3D bones is more of a philosophical problem, rather than a technical problem. The big question is whether Moho should evolve into a full 3D animation program, and I would argue "no".
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Lost Marble wrote:The problem with 3D bones is more of a philosophical problem, rather than a technical problem. The big question is whether Moho should evolve into a full 3D animation program, and I would argue "no".
Part of me would like to disagree and see you turn my $99 investment into a $3000 swiss army knife product -at no additional cost to me of course ;) however when I think about it I agree as well.

If anything I'd eventually hope to see classes or videos as I am one of those who learns best by seeing stuff. I've experimented with a lots of bits and pieces but really need some structure as I jump all over the place. :)
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
7feet

Post by 7feet »

In a way, I don't think just throwing in a Z axis for bones would destroy the underlying working philosophy of Moho. There are some instances, where most everything is 2d, where I'd find it useful. Unless, LM, you throw in a full-on 3D renderer, I don't think there's much to worry about. But I could see a z axis on the bones helping to extend the possibilities of some of the "psuedo 3D" techniques like the offset head turning bits and such. In that specific example, being able to "bend" a mouth around the face using bones in Z could help make it a good bit more flexible. Not to make your life any harder...
Last edited by 7feet on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Totally agree with 7feet I love that Moho be a 2D program, but it must not be a limitation for us, I don't use Moho for a 3D, I never have done and never will do, cause I prefer 2D, is so simple... But in most cases, like 7feet says, is necesary a Z functions (not only layer rotation) for reach EASILY advanced and wanted results, I believed that add Z features it would be hard and difficult thing for Lord Marble and cause of this I don't insisted "very much" in the past, but now that he say that this could be technically possible I'll can't stop of ask it! :D (...) :arrow: LM: :cry:

PS: God Marble, MAYBE YOU MUST OPEN YOU MIND! (a little more and only in this aspect) :wink:
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

It doesn't hurt to ask, so here it goes. Please! :lol:

Ramon, you are contagious!
"and then Man created god!"
Karpi

Post by Karpi »

Oh yes. 3d Bones would be a dream come true!
Bye the way, very nice animation selgin.

Share and Enjoy!
Karpi
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

it follows still on?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel