Ideas to IMPROBE the Animating Workflow in Moho

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Ideas to IMPROBE the Animating Workflow in Moho

Post by Rai López »

...I've been animating something (yes, Toontoonz...) and, working with points, is difficult to know which Selected Keyframes (those of "Selected Point Motion/Curvature" red channel) correspond to certain points, in example, you must select certain point (or points) to know if that point has his own keyframe in the Timeline, this is tedious and unpractice (I think), and I'm wondering if don't could be done in the other way... I mean, doing double click (i.e.) in the certain point Keyframe (in Point Motion/Curvature blue Channel) and with this can select automatically, in Editing View, all that points that are affected by this exacts sub-keys... I think that this is a good idea ( 8) ) and would like to know oppinions, I think that this could be very usefull working with shapes and bones too, but well, bones & shapes only can be selected one at a time... :( (I hope that this change some day too) ...Well, that's all! THANKS for read me & BYE...
myles

Post by myles »

Interesting idea - which could indeed be extended to bone keyframes too.
Click the keyframe marker in the timeline, click a "select associated object/s" button.

In the meantime (Ramón probably knows this, but for anyone else reading), if you know you will be animating particular groups of points together, you can make them a named group for easier selection later (thus showing the keyframes for that group). The named group can be a single point or multiple points.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

HI! myles (is a pleasure), yes the group method is a good thing (I use it a lot), but is not very quickly method for using all the time and requires anticipation work, I mean, I love (in example) animate points unsing 7feet's MegaMagnet tool (I love 7feet too for do it :) ) and the best way to work with this tool is clicking and drag without worry about the points that are (automatically) selected and moved... Ah, the button could be a wood thing too, yes, I has thought too in a Pop-up righ click window comand (were you select "add bone" or keyframe interpolation), a menu comand too can be (with shot-cut, of course), and I've been thinking too if all this feature could not be made by scripting (not the best solution for workflow, but well...) for don't interfere in LM (genious at) work! :wink: ...CIAO!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...ANOTHER (great) TIME LINE :idea: IDEA :idea:!!! Well, after the last (and INCREDIBLE!) Update I don't know if it's possible to can ask for more Feature Requests for now, but well, here I go... Actually, working in time line, you must do a lot of steps to get access to Graph Mode and get work propertly over the desired channel of animation, I mean:

- Click Graph Mode button.
- Check Enable Graph Mode...
- Double click in the desired animation channel.
- Click Graph Mode button (again).
- And, Finally, click Auto Zoom button (in general) to center de channel...

I'm thinking if ALL of that steps can not be resolded in... ONLY ONE! 8) I mean, you are working in Timeline, double click in the desired left icon channel and... TACHAN! Graph Mode is automatically opened with the desired channel selected (or framed) and auto centered to can work in it directly! ...It'd be possible? Or you think that it'd be a problematic feature?? I think that it'd be a great save time feature, but if somebody think in other way he or she (if agree :) ) or it (if disagee :wink: ) is free to comment it here... CIAO!
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Or how about:
-Right mouse button click on timeline channel you are interested in (layer translation, etc.) and it opens a new window with the graph mode just for that particular channel.
-So you have both the time line window open and the graph Mode window for the channel you are interested in.

Then, if you wanted you could open up several individual graph mode windows for different channels. (The cluttered, messy screen look. :D )

I have a real hard time working in the Moho graph mode timeline as it is- it is real difficult for me to grasp what it is showing and what it is not showing. Lack of brain power on my part, I am sure.
(If I remember correctly, one could have separate graph mode windows for each channel in Hash Animation Master. I could work their´s real easily.)
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

I miss the channel box. I'd love to have all of the values for an object (especially bones) in one dialogue instead of tool sensitive. When it switched tool sensitve, it became significantly more cumbersome to work. BOOOO! Bad.

I apologize if this has been fixed in the update, as I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. If that's the case, I'm sorry. Otherwise, BOOOO! BAD!
________
Ship sale