GUI preferences

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JCook

GUI preferences

Post by JCook »

Does anyone know of a way to change the color of the keyframe markers in the timeline? They are a blue-gray color on a gray background and I find it hard to see them sometimes, when I'm looking for them in a channel. I'd like to change them to maybe a light yellow. I don't seem to be able to find it in the preferences.

I tried changing the color of the main background to a dark gray, which I liked, but then I couldn't see the numbers in the timeline that show the seconds (which I rely on because I like to use SMPTE rather than just frames for time counting), and I couldn't find a way to change their color.

Anyone know how to change the color of either of these things?

thanks
Jack
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

You can go here C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 7\Resources and see the key frames.

Now copy and paste or drag into a photo editor like GIMP or PS and just fill it with the color you want.

To be on the safe side, Before you save it, rename the original to 'keyframe1'(the one that is still in resources) now just save the one in the editor as 'keyframe.png'

If you ever need to make the color back to blue all you need to do is switch the key frames names in the resource folder.

Also, you can change the shapes, for example, make a blue triangle for smooth translations, a black circle for ease in etc.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Forget my above reply.

Use AS to make the key frame yellow.

Make the project 8x8

Create a circle and center it within the 8x8 and save as keyframe as png.

Be sure to rename the original in the resource file to keyframe1 so you do not override the default blue color icon.
Sorry for bad animation

JCook

Post by JCook »

Thanks, sbtamu, but I forgot to mention that I'm using a Mac. I went to the system Library, to the Application Support > Smith-Micro folder (which I think is the Mac equivalent), and there was a folder called 7.1. Inside that were three files, no resource folder. There is a settings file, and two .dta files, that's all. I have the feeling I'm not going to be able to change this. I'll just live with it.

thanks,
Jack
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I know nothing of Mac but can you look at the icons in these folders? There will be a folder holding all the icons for AS with names like keyframe, keyframe-ease in etc., they will all be png format.

Sorry for bad animation

JCook

Post by JCook »

I can't find any kind of folder with icons like that. Can't find a Resources folder anywhere associated with Smith Micro or ASPro. I searched for Smith Micro, Resources, and the names of several of the icons in your screen shot, and found nothing. I did find resources folders for other programs, but not ASPro, and also two Smith Micro folders in the system, but no Resources, and not icons.

Jack
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

You have to right click on the AS icon and choose "show package content" the resource folder is in there.
"and then Man created god!"
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Sorry I could not help. Maybe someone that Knows AS in Mac can reply to this thread and help.
Sorry for bad animation

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Mac:

Applications/AnimeStudio : "Show packet content", then:
Contents/Resources/

All bitmaps the program uses are PNGs, neatly named for your convenience.
JCook

Post by JCook »

Thanks, got it!

Jack