Warrior Scar and First Animated Comedy Images

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

jahnocli wrote:He'd look more daunting if his shoulders were more full on. And the outlines of arms etc. could look better with a little contrast between straight and curved edges. But I'm a big fan of your stuff!
Suggestion taken, thanks.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

New 15 secs video of the upcoming microseries Warrior Scar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bag4a_5oI

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Rain of blood:
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Hey Parker,
Nice blood work :) going well with this!
I have a couple of suggestions you're welcome to ignore -
firstly where you have the group of baddies, it might be good to give them some depth separation by darkening each layer of baddies slightly (so they are a range of grays from the white ones at the front.

The other thing is more general, looking at the 15 second clip i think each scene has great momentum but it's lost somewhat by the editting - i think almost every shot could be cut more tightly so that there are not so many lingering moments...

just my 2c's :) keeping an eye on your progress! good luck.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

funksmaname wrote:Hey Parker,
Nice blood work :) going well with this!
I have a couple of suggestions you're welcome to ignore -
firstly where you have the group of baddies, it might be good to give them some depth separation by darkening each layer of baddies slightly (so they are a range of grays from the white ones at the front.

The other thing is more general, looking at the 15 second clip i think each scene has great momentum but it's lost somewhat by the editting - i think almost every shot could be cut more tightly so that there are not so many lingering moments...

just my 2c's :) keeping an eye on your progress! good luck.
Im openned to every suggestions specially the constructive ones, thanks.
Before releasing the first part i will make sure to correct every possible mistake it may has.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Eye reflection:

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Frame By Frame Blood Animation, 17 secs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnC5OA9FdjA

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Attack:

lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Wow, great work! I just have a couple of suggestions.

In the animated clip where Warrior Scar squints, I think the curved vertices are detracting from the tension in the scene. I would use points instead of curves. The lines might even need to be separate to give the form the right expression.

In the still image of eye reflections the shine shouldn't be symmetrical. The eye balls being symmetrical makes the character look goofy or innocent. This may be good if the character is an innocent victim, but the style doesn't quite fit with the overall style.
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

OMG PLZ tell me- how do you do the eye reflection like that!!!!

that looks (n_n)
OMG make it stop!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

lwaxana wrote: This may be good if the character is an innocent victim, but the style doesn't quite fit with the overall style.
I understand why you perceive the eyes in a style that doesnt fit the general one and thats because of the amount of details, thats something i will probably be doing most of the times i make a close up.
Have you ever watched Ren and Stimpy? its popular because of its detailed and grotesque close ups, and they doenst fit the general style of the show at all.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

It's not the level of detail that looks like a different style to me, but the curvature of the shapes. The closeup of the eyes suggests a mood of perky, cute, clean, polished. All the other shots give a mood of dynamic, textured, rough, jagged, tension. Yes, Ren and Stimpy's detailed shots do introduce an additional visual style to show "gross looking" details, but I feel that that style fits with the theme of the series. Haven't watched it in a long time, but there were gross gags and sound effects all throughout, which gave it cohesion. Anyway, it's up to you, just some feedback. :)
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

lwaxana wrote:It's not the level of detail that looks like a different style to me, but the curvature of the shapes. The closeup of the eyes suggests a mood of perky, cute, clean, polished. All the other shots give a mood of dynamic, textured, rough, jagged, tension. Yes, Ren and Stimpy's detailed shots do introduce an additional visual style to show "gross looking" details, but I feel that that style fits with the theme of the series. Haven't watched it in a long time, but there were gross gags and sound effects all throughout, which gave it cohesion. Anyway, it's up to you, just some feedback. :)
In this part of the animation there is an inocent young girl in front of a wolf mosnter so i decided to make a close on her with those big shiny eyes to make her look innocent and fragile, its not that the style doesnt fit.
Thanks for the sggestions anyway.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

kellz5460 wrote:OMG PLZ tell me- how do you do the eye reflection like that!!!!

that looks (n_n)
You just need to use gradients.