Smith micro sale 50 % off

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stringevil

Smith micro sale 50 % off

Post by stringevil »

There's a sale this weekend. 50 percent off anything. I upgraded from debut to pro for 65$ gotta love it. I was on the fence until I got the email, but that was just to good to resist!
crsP

Post by crsP »

I went to their site and I don't see this sale price. Nor have I received any newsletter concerning a sale. Where is it?
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i HOPE this isn't true :evil: I only upgraded last night at full price!!!
crsP

Post by crsP »

You have to look at it this way - if you can wait and not have use for the software, then you can get these bargains that crop up from time to time. If you can't wait and you really needed what was in version 7, you shouldn't mind paying the top price. Look at the people who spent a grand on a PS3 when it first came out.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

to a certain extent i agree if i had've bought it last month - but the night before 50% off should really be credited back if it's true in my honest opinion... which looking at their site i can see no evidence of!
crsP

Post by crsP »

I think it's a hoax to counteract the Toon Boom Studio offer. But if it's legit you have nothing to worry about. Just get a refund for your current licence and then buy it again at the offer price, no big deal.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Its a coupon I got in my e-mail via Smith-Micro's news-letter. If you are not subscribed to their news-letter you might not get the coupon.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
crsP

Post by crsP »

I have a mail from them on 18th August with the 'special' price of $129.99, which is what it costs any other time.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i dont believe it! i DO have an email - it came at 5am this morning and it's true :S i'm going to contact smith micro... :(
Buggery bugger - less than 12 hours!! i hope someone at smith micro has a heart :roll:
crsP

Post by crsP »

Just do as I suggest and you'll be fine. I don't think it's productive to moan about other people getting discounts or new users getting a chance at a price they can afford, especially as you an get the same discount as well. In fact anyone who had purchased within the 30 days can do exactly as I suggest and get some money off. Now let's get back to moaning about frame by frame...

If anyone from Smith Micro is reading this, I have not received this half price coupon! EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY!!! Code red! I see that I am subscribed to the newsletter. I can [and have just] signed into the smithmicro site to view my settings, and it says 'yes, I do want to receive offers, promotions etc.'.

I WANNA LIVE!!!
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Where do you subscribe to this newsletter? Wow at 50% off.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

DarthFurby wrote:Where do you subscribe to this newsletter? Wow at 50% off.
http://my.smithmicro.com/deals/email_list.html
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

The URL for the promo is listed in their RSS feed as well:

http://my.smithmicro.com/promo/74166400.html
~Danimal
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I wasn't moaning so much... it just stung a bit...
I recieved an email back saying they would refund in full and i can purchase at the 50% price! nice.
ErikAtMapache

Post by ErikAtMapache »

Call up Smith Micro. This same thing happened to me and they were very nice about it and refunded the difference. Companies often (usually/sometimes/occasionally/once-in-a-blue-moon) prefer to have long-term loyal customers instead of a few bucks.