-The General Improvements Thread-

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

-The General Improvements Thread-

Post by cribble »

Right, i've notice in threads how they sometimes go off topic about little improvement requests they wish to see, and sometimes don't get put in as an improvement as it doesn't quite reach LM.

Also this should stop threads in this part of the forum about little itty-bitty things that can be irritating to users who have to hack their way though it all. And if you're like me, i sometimes hate making a new thread just to put in something small and worthless.

So here's a thread that cares.

I'd like to start first:

Mulitple layer edit. Being able to select more than one layer and being able to edit whatever is in that selection. This includes use of all the Tools and not just the "layer" set of tools.

And remember, this is for tool/user interface/whatever improvements, no major feature requests.
--Scott
cribble.net
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

To add to your remark; also selecting multiple layers to move into different groups.

And then the timeline should also show all keyframes of those layers.

If I find the time I'll compile a list of possible improvements, I guess that's easier to read than many short posts.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...YEAH! It'd be nice (for a "deeper" view of the keyframes) can choose several Layers at a time, it'd be nice (too) can chose several Bones (at a time), and even several Shapes it'd be nice...
cribble

Gradient Controls

Post by cribble »

Another improvement, which keeps popping up, would be the Gradient controls. We're very limited as to what we can do with it, not enough controls. I'm not asking for that crazy mesh stuff as seen in Illustrator, but i think it could do with some point controls like in Flash. And also making the point controls animatable.

Another problem i've spotted with the Gradient control is the use of Alpha. There are sometimes where i want to go from one, solid colour into another see-through (or possible nothing) colour. This helps with lighting effects and whatever effects you want to use it for. Also it would help export this nice effect to Flash.
--Scott
cribble.net
Rai López

Re: Gradient Controls

Post by Rai López »

cribble wrote:Another improvement, which keeps popping up, would be the Gradient controls. [...] There are sometimes where i want to go from one, solid colour into another see-through (or possible nothing) colour.
...My VOTES (of course) for all this!!!

Apart from that, Another thing that I would want too see is an Add Bone tool that let you select a bone (with Alt + Left MB) when you are building a skeleton, because (actually) you must be changing between Select Bone tool and Add Bone tool for do the Skeleton with the apropiate hierarchy... Very little thing (only for save time), CIAO!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

A check box to scale unifomaly all axis for "scale tools" (like that little chain in Photoshop), it'd be nice too like tool improvement, and help us to save time, BYE...