I start getting bored...

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

I start getting bored...

Post by Genete »

I'm member of this forum since some years ago. When I first started to visit it, I did a full review of mostly all the past posts reading the forums from old to new posts. Then I cached the posting up to date and continue following the day by day posts. It was a period full of activity... lots of new smart and active members come and stay. Moderators even prepared challenges with prices!... Even I did some good animations! LOL what beautiful days... I've seen brilliant people go and come back (i.e. Ramón López) and also very burning discussions...
Now I continue visiting the forum daily but now I do act differently. Most of moderators seems to be lost (thanks to Rohel that still on the edge). Newbies do less smart questions each day and trolls wave is increasing lately... Some times I want to just reply to some new members RTFM! but I just pass and leave others to reply the same question one and other time...

Lately I just read the post depending on the poster. If the poster is one of my consideration (based on past post quality) I make the effort on reading the post. Maybe the title take my attention and then I read the thread.

Please newbies: Do not reply to trolls. They are easily recognizable. Also PLEASE, search the forum, ask google to do it! There is a LOT of useful information in the forum that you should know before ask. DO the tutorials!!!

I'm getting old.

-G
Last edited by Genete on Wed May 19, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Genete wrote:I'm getting old.
No -- you're just saying what a lot of people are thinking!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Imago

Post by Imago »

Yes, I agree.
Those trolls are very boring.
I think many new users fled after some of their post.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

GCharb is passing anti-troll spray bottles to everyones.

I believe a community is about members and what they make of it, maybe a user could start a challenge, or start a friendly competition.

As for conversations or exchange, maybe someone could start an online class, or an apprentice system.

Also, to make the more professional users be a little more involved might trigger more interest on the non professional side of the community.

The possibilities are endless.

G
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I think it's partly because people are at such different levels as animators. There are a lot of people like myself who are newer to the forum and also new to animation. We are more likely to be interested in the basics. For me the forums have been an incredible resource for information and guidance.

I think it's natural to get bored with rehashing the basics once you know the software really well, have become well versed in animation principles, and have experience animating your own projects.

At that stage, I think that you would need some advanced discussion or animation challenges to keep stretching and growing as an animator. Perhaps a book club would help? Each month or so people could discuss a new advanced animation book and try some of the techniques. It would also increase the amount of useful information on the site. I think one of the areas where this forum's information base could really expand is the non-software aspects of animation.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

The "FAQ" section could be used a lot more.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

lwaxana wrote:I think it's partly because people are at such different levels as animators. There are a lot of people like myself who are newer to the forum and also new to animation. We are more likely to be interested in the basics. For me the forums have been an incredible resource for information and guidance.
lwaxana I agree 100% with you bud as we both started about the same time. I have read you post and you seem way advanced than me in the art part of animation and I more or less try and make "shapes" funny.

Aside from that, I'm almost scared to post any new stuff here because if its not almost professional it wont get any replies.

Aside that, the other day someone posted that they PMed others on the forum to ignore someone that was mean here. I am guessing that I am that someone. All I can think of is I used a bad word once and speak too directly. But never have I ever insulted anyone or their art. In TX we speak simple and direct. If anyone has been hurt by my post I apologize.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

A Texan????

Duck everyone, he's got a gun!!!!

Sorry, could not resist! :)

Someone said the only bad question is the questions not asked.

I answer all the question I can, even to those who seem to be lazy a bit, I do not feel you are one of those sbtamu, I also enjoyed many of your art submission.

I too can be a pain sometimes, my excuse is that I am French Canadian! :)

As far i am concerned, you can ask away, and I dont mind a direct aproach to conversation!

G
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

GCharb wrote:A Texan????

Duck everyone, he's got a gun!!!!

Sorry, could not resist! :)

Someone said the only bad question is the questions not asked.

I answer all the question I can, even to those who seem to be lazy a bit, I do not feel you are one of those sbtamu, I also enjoyed many of your art submission.

I too can be a pain sometimes, my excuse is that I am French Canadian! :)

As far i am concerned, you can ask away, and I dont mind a direct aproach to conversation!

G
\
Back up u hoser. escape to the great white north bra.

Thot i would add, thats from RUSH, so the all know me n and u cool

other then that , have you apologized to the world for "Ann Murray?" LOL sorry bud just light humor there, the wife and I luv her.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

We have had t his problem before and in time it resolves itself and the core members get back to normality of helping each other get the best out of the software.

It just frustrating in the short term.

Rhoel.
Klay frog

Post by Klay frog »

To speak in my defense as a noob, even though I've always liked animating, I've never really gotten to use a good animation program. Only recently have I gotten my hands on a full blown animation program, which evidently is Anime Studio PRO. It's a big leap from using simple animation programs to a professional program so of course I was-- and still am at times-- lost a lot of the time. Only when I'm reaaaallly stuck, to the point of pulling my hair out, do I post questions. But even then they might seem like noobish questions. :?
sbtamu wrote:Aside from that, I'm almost scared to post any new stuff here because if its not almost professional it wont get any replies.

Aside that, the other day someone posted that they PMed others on the forum to ignore someone that was mean here. I am guessing that I am that someone. All I can think of is I used a bad word once and speak too directly. But never have I ever insulted anyone or their art. In TX we speak simple and direct. If anyone has been hurt by my post I apologize.
I'm not at the point where I want to post anything up yet, but I feel your pain! lol It can sometimes be frustrating when I can't figure out things that I think I should already know and sometimes just end up giving up. I guess you could call me both a noob and a perfectionist-- a rather frustrating combination. I'm from Texas too by the way. :P
:D